KDE Partition Manager 3.3.0 released

Andrius Štikonas andrius at stikonas.eu
Fri Dec 15 11:15:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

KDE Partition Manager and KPMcore 3.3.0 are now available.

https://download.kde.org/stable/partitionmanager/3.3.0/src/partitionmanager-3.3.0.tar.xz.mirrorlist
https://download.kde.org/stable/kpmcore/3.3.0/src/kpmcore-3.3.0.tar.xz.mirrorlist

https://download.kde.org/stable/partitionmanager/3.3.0/src/partitionmanager-3.3.0.tar.xz.sig.mirrorlist
https://download.kde.org/stable/kpmcore/3.3.0/src/kpmcore-3.3.0.tar.xz.sig.mirrorlist

It includes some improvements for Btrfs, F2FS, NTFS file systems. I even landed the first bits of new LUKS2 on-disk format support,
now KDE Partition Manager can display LUKS2 labels. More LUKS2 work will follow in KPM 3.4. There were changes in how LVM devices
are detected which might be interesting if you use Calamares installer. In that case, you also need at least Calamares 3.1.8. Older versions
will not compile against KPMcore 3.3.

KPMcore library now only depends on just three Tier 1 Frameworks (I18n, CoreAddons, WidgetsAddons) instead of Tier 3 (although, we will later require Tier 2 KAuth too).

Best,
Andrius