j2ds 0.3

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:59:23 UTC 2014

Name: j2ds
Version: 0.3
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
More Info:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=164295

 jd2s is a simple script I created to streamline
the process of changing the audio device you wish
to use for playback when running JACK2 under
GNU/Linux. j2ds currently only supports switching
between ALSA devices. I don\'t have access to a
FireWire audio device so I am unable to test FFADO
support but it would be a nice feature to have.

I own multiple USB audio devices which I switch
between multiple times a day. That\'s too much
clicking under Cadence currently so j2ds was born!

I use j2ds in conjuntion with Cadence to control
JACK2. I would like to see this type of feature
included in the main window of Cadence eventually
but I\'d first need to convince falkTX that its
not just me who very frequently changes JACK
output devices. Another potential Cadence
integration issue is that this script only works
with JACK2 and Cadence seems to be moving towards
JACK1 which doesn\'t have the \'switch master\'
command that this script uses.

j2ds requires JACK2 and kdialog to run. Save the
script into a file called j2ds.sh and make it
executable

chmod +x j2ds.sh

The script can give errors in the terminal and may
not quit when \'Cancel\' is pushed if you run it
without making it executable.

JOB RECOMMENDATION:

more jobs: http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/