Procrastinate No More 0.1

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:36:37 CEST 2011

Name: Procrastinate No More
Version: 0.1
Type: Plasmoid Binary
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
More Info:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=142783

 [b]A simple widget to keep you from
procrastinating.[/b]

Have you ever thought \"[u]now[/u] I will start
doing what I am supposed to do\", only to find
yourself doing exactly everything except that? The
reason we procrastinate is often not because of
the task itself, the problem is to get started
with it. Once we have passed that stage, however,
it is usually easy to just go with the flow and
get work done.

Procrastinate No More can help you get past that
first stage. When you click on the widget, you
make a contract with yourself to commit fully to a
task for 10 minutes without any distractions.
After 10 minutes have passed, you are free to
decide whether you want to  continue working or do
something else.

Why 10 minutes? It is short enough to always be
doable, no matter how boring or daunting the task
might seem, while it should let you stay
concentrated long enough to pick up the flow.

The widget is inspired by a Python applet called
Tomate:
[url]https://gitorious.org/tomate/pages/Home[/url]

[b]Installation[/b]

If possible, it is recommended that you install
this widget through your package manager. The
typical procedure to compile it from source is as
follows:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config
--prefix` ..
make
make install

The last command usually requires root permissions
so you probably need to use su/sudo or similar
commands.

[b]How to use[/b]

The widget can be added to the desktop, a panel or
to the system tray.

1. When you want to commit yourself to a task,
click on the widget. The widget becomes red.
2. Work.
3. After 10 minutes the widget turns green. Now
you can either continue to work, or do something
else.
4. When you stop working, regardless if the 10
minutes have passed or not, click on the  widget
again. It is now back to its idle state (blue
icon) and the tooltip tells you for how long you
worked.
5. Rinse and repeat.

[b]Git repository[/b]

[url]https://gitorious.org/procrastinate-no-more[/url]

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Internship Events/Business Communication - KDE
e.V. - intern
 http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=831709
------
Software Developer (PHP) - h i v e 01 gmbh - full
time employee
 http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=333915

more jobs: http://KDE-Apps.org/jobs/