KMess 2.0.6.1 released

Adam Goossens adam.goossens at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:14:37 CET 2011

February 17 2011 -- The KMess team announces today the availability of the
latest release of KMess: KMess 2.0.6.1, the newest version of the Live
Messenger (MSN) client, powered by the KDE platform. This release of KMess
addresses a critical issue discovered after 2.0.6 which prevented
successful login.

Here is a quick highlight of the changes in 2.0.6:

 * Added a fading effect when logging in
 * Fix crash when taking any action in the Contact Added User dialog
 * Fixed retrieval of display pictures from MSN storage
 * Fix bugs which prevented KMess from logging in, stating,
"connection has been lost"
 * Updated French translation
 * Updated Turkish translation
 * Updated Catalan translation
 * Updated German translation
 * Updated Japanese translation
 * Updated Spanish translation
 * Various other smaller updates and fixes...

The screenshots page [0] provides a detailed overview of what KMess looks
like.

You can find the source code at the downloads page [1], and binary
packages for various distributions will start flooding in soon.

Thanks to 28 volunteer translators, KMess is available in 19
languages. Other people, without whom this release would not be what
it is today, as well as the current members of the KMess team, are
listed on our People page [2].

Any remarks, notes, threats, treats, as well as bug reports can be
posted at our forums [3]. You can also send us messages using the
LikeBack client built into KMess, accessible via Help -> Send a
Comment to the Developers. We wish you a lot of fun and chatting with
KMess!

--
The KMess team

[0] http://kmess.org/screenshots/