KMess 2.0.3 released

Adam Goossens fontknocker at kmess.org
Fri Mar 12 06:11:50 CET 2010

March 10 2010 -- The KMess team announces today the immediate
availability of our latest point release: KMess 2.0.3, the newest
version of a Live Messenger (MSN) client powered by the KDE platform.
It contains a slew of bug fixes, general improvements, but also some
nice new features:

* Drag-and-drop an image to your display picture to change it.
* Set your friendly name and personal message by clicking on their
labels in the contact list.
* Significantly improved performance when drawing complex inks (in isf-Qt).
* Show unread email count in the system tray tooltip.
* Improved proxy support.
* Set the personal message using DBus.
* Replaced QCA with GCrypt.
* Fixed crash that sometimes occurred when logging in with the wrong password.
* Fixed bug which caused the "Contact Added User" dialog to appear at
next logon after deleting a contact.
* Fixed bug which caused the chat window size to not be saved under KDE 4.4.
* Added a Russian translation by Dmitriy Simbiriatin.
* Added a Portuguese translation by Bruno Almeida.
* Updated various translations.
* And various other smaller updates and fixes...

The screenshots page[0] provides a detailed overview of what KMess
looks like.

You can find the source code at the downloads page[1], and binary
packages for various distributions will start flooding in soon.

Thanks to 26 volunteer translators, KMess is available in 19
languages. Other people, without whom this release would not be what
it is today, as well as the current members of the KMess team, are
listed on our People page[2].

Any remarks, notes, threats, treats, as well as bug reports can be
posted at our forums[3]. You can also send us messages using the
LikeBack client built into KMess, accessible via Help -> Send a
Comment to the Developers. We wish you a lot of fun and chatting with
KMess!

--
The KMess team

[0] http://kmess.org/screenshots/