KMess 2.0.4 released

Adam Goossens fontknocker at kmess.org
Sat Jul 31 01:32:53 CEST 2010

July 26 2010 -- The KMess team announces today the availability of the
latest release of KMess: KMess 2.0.4, the newest version of the Live
Messenger (MSN) client, powered by the KDE platform. As usual with our
2.0 point releases, it contains a lot of bug fixes, but also general
improvements, and even some new features. Here is a quick highlight of
the changes in this new version:

    * Added a small toggle button on the contact list to quickly
enable/disable the "Now Listening" feature.
    * Implemented the new KDE4 system tray specification.
    * Added ability to drag-and-drop ink drawings from the
conversation into the ink editor in order to be edited again.
    * Fixed bug which caused KMess to fail to connect, instead giving
an "Invalid Command Parameter" error.
    * Fixed bug which caused the user's display picture to be reset upon login.
    * Fixed bug where status was not changed from Idle upon wake up from sleep.
    * Updated many translations.
    * And various other smaller updates and fixes...

The screenshots page [0] provides a detailed overview of what KMess looks like.

You can find the source code at the downloads page [1], and binary
packages for various distributions will start flooding in soon.

Thanks to 26 volunteer translators, KMess is available in 19
languages. Other people, without whom this release would not be what
it is today, as well as the current members of the KMess team, are
listed on our People page [2].

Any remarks, notes, threats, treats, as well as bug reports can be
posted at our forums [3]. You can also send us messages using the
LikeBack client built into KMess, accessible via Help -> Send a
Comment to the Developers. We wish you a lot of fun and chatting with
KMess!

--
The KMess team

[0] http://kmess.org/screenshots/