fsrunner for KRunner 0.7

Anders Aagaard aagaande at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:18:10 CET 2009

Name: fsrunner for KRunner
Version: 0.7
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/fsrunner/

 FSRunner is a kde runner, the idea is to give you
instant access to any file or directory you need.
As a lot of time is spend walking through
directories, you should never need to walk through
8 directories to get to a location you already
know where is.

The homepage at http://code.google.com/p/fsrunner/
has a howto with pictures.

[b]Example usage:[/b] you can configure it to scan
$HOME, with a depth of 3, and ignore files. And
then scan Desktop, with a depth of 1, and include
files there. If you have the file Desktop/TODO,
you can then write todo in krunner and it will
find that file. It also allows using * in
searches.

[b]If you've had the action system enabled at all,
let me know here or in the bug tracker and I'll
get it to usable state.  I know it's broken, but
I've been busy and I know nobody who uses it.[/b]

[b]PLEASE report all problems on
http://code.google.com/p/fsrunner/issues/list , if
you dont tell me it's broken I can't fix it.[/b]

[b]Please vote me up, OR tell me how this isn't
practical to you.  Because at this point I can't
live without it.[/b]

Changelog:
 Fix crash on krunner shutdown (which did nothing,
just an assertion error).

Workaround for dirty() returning filenames in kde
svn tree.

Action system changed internally, still not
enabled by default, probably in worse shape now
than it was.  If you use it nag me on the bug
tracker and I'll clean it up.