NetNewsTicker 0.5

chris tau chris at netnewsticker.org
Fri Mar 27 00:08:31 CET 2009

Name: NetNewsTicker
Version: 0.5
Type: KDE Other Utility
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage:

 A while ago i wrote a news-scrolling program for
windows that worked exactly like the good old
KNewsTicker on linux.
2008 i switched completely to linux and now i
wanted also to step up to kde4. The only thing
missing was the KNewsticker, which was discarded
from kde4.2. The old Kde4.1 KNewsticker was
unusable.
So i decided to get my beloved newsticker back on
linux and wrote the NetNewsTicker for KDE 4.2.
I heavily used parts of the KNewsticker and
rewrote the scrolling view and added some features
i wanted to have.
I would like to share my work i anyone also is
longing for the good old KNewsTicker.
I prepackaged a deb file for kubuntu 9.04.
If you like to build it from source, invoke the
following (after unpacking)
$>cd build
$>cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
$>make