dantti85-kapps at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 11 04:58:18 CEST 2009
Type: KDE System Tool
Depend: KDE 4.x
KPackageKit is the KDE interface for PackageKit.
I've saw people saying that KPackageKit is the
substitute for yum, as Synaptic is for apt...
PLEASE DON'T say any of those things, please first
have a good look at www.packagekit.org website :D
KPackageKit intended to be ONLY a PackageKit
interface, this means if there is some cool
feature like improving the performance of a yum
database it is PackageKit related and distro
specific stuff that should be discussed there.
This version only works with packagekit-qt >=
that's because we did a mistake in earlier
versions and we
HAD to break the API and ABI, sorry for that, but
code is much future proof.
NOTE: Update to this version ONLY if your
PackageKit and QPackageKit (packagekit-qt) are >=
We hope you enjoy KPackageKit, and please report
bugs, make wishes gives us feedback so we can
improve this application.
BUGS goes now to bugs.kde.org
It features everything Gnome PackageKit does
- install catalog
- service pack
- a DBus session interface
These items are not mandatory since they are more
the gui itself than a feature in PackageKit.
KPackageKit itself can do nothing without
PackageKit and libpackagekit-qt, this last one is
being developed together with the ui.
I'm the main developer of KPackageKit ui, in this
release we also have Trever Fischer developing and
Adrien Bustany is the main developer of
libpackagekit-qt (or QPackageKit).
Sometimes he helps me with the ui and sometimes i
help him with the lib...
Well now that you decide to install it. Be careful
:D no warranty is given..
DO UNINSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!!
AND AFTER INSTALLING LOGOUT AND LOGIN SO KDED CAN
LOAD THE KPACKAGEKIT PLUGIN.
(ie, make uninstall #from your 0.4.0 dir)
PackageKit >= 0.4.7
- The package provided here does NOT contain
- libpackagekit-qt >= 0.4.7 - (It's now included
in PackageKit /lib sources)
PackageKit itself, so please first make it work on
Qt >4.4 (Won't compile with older versions)
KdeLibs of Kde4
Policykit-KDE (YEAH now kde has one interface too
I do recommend the use of KDE >= 4.2.3, otherwise
the notifications code might leak.
If something is missing please say :)
- $ cd KPackageKit # here is KPackageKit dir
- $ mkdir build && cd build
- $ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install
- Fixed all krazy issues (2 or 3 not much
important changed in backend details)
- With KDE >= 4.2.3 persistent notifications are
working again so the code to use it was commented
- Getting duplicated updates was trully fixed
- Added "details" button on error notifications
- Fixed compatibilities with PackageKit-qt >=
- Added Proxy support
(through kde proxy settings, be aware that your
implement this feature too)
- Added a method to see all selected packages in
the add/rm ui
- Added support to install mime types
- Added support to install provide file
- Added ui to see backend details
- Added better management of transactions,
- Added ui to see the transaction history
now all hidden transactions are handled by
which will popup any errors
- SmartIcon has now a dbus interface and it is
a DBus activated application.
- SmartIcon now store messages
- Need to restart/logout is now handled by
- Busy icons for eye candy :D
- Smaller items on the list
- Reworked some stuff to improve usability
- Added support for media change
- And various bug fixes and krazy fixes
- improvements in transaction ui (Daniel and
- new way of show details
- saves grouping option (Thanks to Lorenzo
- get and install Distro Upgrades (thanks to
- feature now you can group packages in Add/Rm ui
- fixes in the Add/Rm Ui
- fixes in the Updater Ui
- fixed the Updater Ui
- Add support for installing files
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
Junior Software Engineer in Stuttgart (w/m) -
softSCIENCE GmbH - vollzeit
more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/
More information about the Kde-announce-apps