rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Jun 4 20:20:28 CEST 2009
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework.
Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio
Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced
Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the
main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation
GUI, specially dedicated to the personal
- Multi-track audio and MIDI sequencing and
- Developed on pure Qt4 C++ application framework
(no Qt3 nor KDE dependencies).
- Uses JACK for audio and ALSA sequencer for MIDI
as multimedia infrastructures.
- Traditional multi-track tape recorder control
- Audio file formats support: OGG (via libvorbis),
MP3 (via libmad, playback only), WAV, FLAC, AIFF
and many, many more (via linsndfile).
- Standard MIDI files support (SMF format 0 and
- Non-destructive, non-linear editing.
- Unlimited number of tracks per session/project.
- Unlimited number of overlapping clips per track.
- XML encoded session/project description file.
- Point-and-click, multi-select, drag-and-drop
interaction (drag, move, drop, cut, copy, paste,
delete, split, merge)
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- Built-in mixer and monitor controls.
- Built-in connection patchbay control and
persistence (a-la QjackCtl).
- LADSPA, DSSI and native VST plug-ins support.
- Unlimited number of plug-ins per track or bus.
- Plug-in presets, programs and
- Audio/MIDI clip fade-in/out (linear, quadratic,
- Audio/MIDI clip gain/volume, normalize and
- Audio clip time-stretching (WSOLA-like or via
librubberband), pitch-shifting (also via
librubberband) and seamless sample-rate conversion
- Audio/MIDI track export (mix-down, merge).
- Audio/MIDI metronome bar/beat clicks.
- Unlimited tempo/time-signature map.
- MIDI clip editor (matrix/piano roll).
- MIDI instrument definitions (a-la Cakewalk(tm)).
- MIDI controller mapping (mixer).
- JACK transport sync master.
- MMC control surface enabled.
- MIDI Song Position cueuing support.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
0.4.2 2009-06-04 The Flaunty Demoness
- The MIDI clip editor (piano-roll/matrix editor),
the main track view as well, have been subject to
usability fixing, the most notable avoids clearing
current selection as much as possible when
updating view contents (eg. changing zoom levels
does not reset current selection anymore).
- MIDI tracks channel bank/program and controller
stuff are now only issued when the respective bus
connections have changed, seldom on every playback
- MIDI controller mapping infrastructure, with
file based configuration management (see
View/Controllers...), is now in place, following
an original contribution from gizzmo aka Mathias
- Plugin chain buffer reset on playback start/stop
is not guarded by a momentary plugin de/activation
- Clip export may now be applied to multiple
clips, sharing common refactored code and same
semantics as merging of current selected clips.
- Improved, may be just fixed yet again, audio
track export synchronization and reliability.
- Clip merge is now featured both for audio and
MIDI tracks (see Edit/Clip/Merge...).
- Improved, or better said, fixed (again) the
precision of multi-clip final positioning as
result of drag/move and paste operations in main
track view (as in bug #2741611).
- MIDI track program number is now listed in 1-128
range, in an attempt to be consistent with
corresponding MIDI track dialog drop-down list.
- MIDI editor snap grid lines get slight different
color then regular beat divisions.
- Reset local tempo map cursor on newer MIDI file
imports in a tentative to fix incidental but
0.4.1 2009-04-04 The Funky Dominatrix
- MIDI editor command item execution order has
been fixed, correcting the redo/undo adjustment of
overlapping note events (probably fixing bug
- MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll/matrix editor)
sees one of its most wanted features introduced:
visual snap grid, now accessible through
View/Snap/Grid option toggle.
- Actual non-zero session length gets back to
status bar of main application window.
- One potential buffer-overflow/memory-corruption
crash bug has been fixed, long due on most audio
(down) sample-rate conversions and affecting audio
export in particular.
- MIDI track/channel patch information, ie.
bank-select and program-change events, are now
being properly set on MIDI track/clip export.
- SSE optimization is back in town after being
mysteriously disabled since its dawn :/
- Looping and punch-recording now actively mutual
exclusive states: setting either one unsets the
other off and vice-versa. Also, punch-in/out is
now made an undoable command.
- Moving tracks, any track, up or down, were
leaving MIDI playback and meter monitoring
completely out-of-sync, now fixed.
- Automatic crash-dump reports, debugger
stack-traces (gdb), back-traces, whatever, are
being introduced as a brand new configure option
(--enable-stacktrace) and default enabled on debug
build targets (--enable-debug).
- Audio/MIDI drift correction is now progressive,
taking a least significant differential approach,
on every read-ahead cycle and swallowed on loop
turn-arounds, as before.
- Improved Edit/Clip/Normalize and Quantize
commands, now affecting the whole extended
- Playback is now being temporarily suspended
while either transport rewind or fast-forward
rolling is engaged.
- A bad and shame-on-me bug was fixed: this was
hideously affecting any track/clip playback
synchronization, most noticeable after toggling
solo/mute track states while playback is rolling
and skipping the play-head backward over more than
one clip under the same track.
- A floating-rectangle flip that showed while
dragging new files beyond the left of main track
view is now gone.
- MIDI note event truncation on both track and
clip export has been fixed.
0.4.0 2009-03-13 The Foxy Dryad
0.3.0 2008-12-25 The Fluffy Doll
0.2.2 2008-10-05 The Flirty Ditz
0.2.1 2008-08-30 The Fainty Diva
0.2.0 2008-07-18 The Frolic Demoiselle
0.1.3 2008-05-02 The Frugal Damsel
0.1.2 2008-03-23 The Frantic Dame
0.1.1 2008-02-16 The Futile Duchess
0.1.0 2008-01-05 The Frivolous Debutante
Junior Software Engineer in Stuttgart (w/m) -
softSCIENCE GmbH - vollzeit
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/
More information about the Kde-announce-apps