Association Subscribers Manager 3.0rc1

Arnaud DUPUIS a.dupuis at infinityperl.org
Mon Jul 27 09:01:00 CEST 2009

Name: Association Subscribers Manager
Version: 3.0rc1
Type: KDE Business Software
Depend: Qt 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://www.associationsubscribersmanager.org

 Association Subscribers Manager is software
designed to manage members of associations. An
"association" can be a club sport, a music club,
etc.; it is highly customizable. It can manage
groups of several thousand members. It is written
in C++ with Qt 4 as a GUI framework. All generated
files are in an XML-based format to guarantee
interoperability.

Changelog:
 I am very pleased to announce the immediate
availability of [b]Association Subscribers Manager
3.0[/b] !
This one is the first stable version of the 3.0
branch of Association Subscribers Manager.
I want to particularly thanks all testers for
their feedback and particularly two of them :
Lucie Moore-Dupuis, my wife who was a great help
with user interface tests and who successfully
bears with my Open Source obsession ! The second
one is Patrick Dupuis, my father who is the one
who came with the original idea of Association
Subscribers Manager (it was originally developed
because his own association was in need of a
software like this... it helps a lot when your son
is actually a developer) and gave some very useful
advices about the version 3.0.

You can download packages and installer at :
[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/assuma/files/[/url]

You can report bugs and ask for new features at:
[url]http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=211536[/url]

You can also visit the website for more
information :
[url]http://www.associationsubscribersmanager.org[/url]

Here is a list of the main changes :
[b]Association Subscribers Manager version 3.0[/b]

[u]Branch main changes from 2.1.2 are :[/u]
 - software completely recoded from Perl/Qt3 to
C++/Qt4
 - more efficient database file format
 - huge performance improvement
 - brand new UI
 - more powerfull addon system
 - internationalization support

[u]Releases main changes are :[/u]
* Translations:
Association Subscribers Manager now supports the
following languages :
  - Romanian ([url]Lucian Lupescu -
http://lucianlupescu.co.cc/[/url])
  - Swedish (Daniel Persson)
  - Brazilian Portuguese (Diego Ferreira)
  - French (Arnaud Dupuis)
  - English (Arnaud Dupuis)

* Software changes (from 3.0rc1):
  - fix many bugs (please see the bugtracker at
Sourceforge for a complete list of corrected bugs)
  - many UI fixes
  - new federations files
  - new first run wizard
  - fix many real time data reload bugs
  - new system for in-place edition
  - performance improvement
  - federations and license systems now works
properly (with new and old database format, new
format have been changed a little)
  - brand new UI graphical effects
  - new user documentation
  - complete API documentation
  - in-place edition system have been polished

Association Subscribers Manager is available as a
source package (GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, BSD*,
Windows, require a compiler), binary package for
Linux and windows installer.

Enjoy !

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Junior Software Engineer in Stuttgart (w/m) -
softSCIENCE GmbH - vollzeit
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=61
------
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=109

more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/