marconelles at gmx.de
Wed Jan 7 13:04:55 CET 2009
Type: KDE CD/DVD Software
Depend: KDE 4.x
Audex 0.61 is a cdda extraction tool with a ftp
upload function for KDE 4.
This is the first KDE 4 release and in beta state.
Try it and report errors to me please.
The assistant is able to create profiles for LAME,
OGG Vorbis (oggenc), FLAC and RIFF WAVE. Please
install your favorite encoder.
Of course for WAVE no external encoder is needed!
Beyond the assistant you can define your own
profile, which means, that audex works together
with commmand line encoders in general.
Some features are:
- Extracting with CDDA Paranoia. So you have quite
perfect audio quality.
- Extracting and encoding run parallel.
- Filename editing with local and remote
- Submit new entries to CDDB/FreeDB database (not
really tested yet)
- Metadata correction tools like capitalize etc.
- Multi-profile extraction (with one
commandline-encoder per profile).
- Fetch covers from amazon and store them in the
- Create playlists in music directory.
- Creates extraction and encoding protocols.
NOTE: If you upgrade from 0.5 please delete your
Changelog 0.6 (free weekend release):
- New XML-based scheme definitions.
- Assistant will help you creating profiles.
- Cover fetching from amazon works again
- Store SFV files for the music files.
- Store text files with predefined information.
- A lot of Bugfixes...
More information about the Kde-announce-apps