K Menu Gnome (source) 0.9
ariszlo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:26:41 CET 2009
Name: K Menu Gnome (source)
Type: KDE Improvement
K Menu with Gnome folder and extra icons for KDE
3.2 or later.
If you install both KDE and Gnome then K Menu will
become a mess with overpopulated submenus. Some
distributions try to solve this by hiding many
Gnome apps in KDE and most KDE apps in Gnome. I do
not like that. I want to access Gnome apps in KDE
and KDE apps in Gnome. So this is my attempt to
both maintain desktop interoperability and unmess
Why should one install both KDE and Gnome at all?
You might be sharing your machine with somebody
who prefers the other desktop, or you might be a
desktop junky like I am.
KDE apps are left where they are. GNOME apps are
moved into Gnome. Applications that require
neither KDE, nor GNOME are moved into
K Menu Gnome is not compatible with the menus of
heavily customized distributions such as SUSE,
Mandriva, PCLinuxOS, or UHU-Linux.
* Cleaned up code by removing redundant tags
* Moved non-KDE package managers into
* Moved gnome-apt into Gnome/System
* Excluded Office from Science
* Excluded E17 & openGEU-specific applications
* Excluded Gdeb from Lost & Found
* Updated fedora-administration.patch
More information about the Kde-announce-apps