K Menu Gnome (Debian package) 1.0.0

Arisztid Taszilo ariszlo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 14:04:41 CEST 2009

Name: K Menu Gnome (Debian package)
Version: 1.0.0
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend:
License: Other
Homepage: http://ariszlo.tripod.com/

 K Menu with Gnome folder and extra icons for KDE
3.2 or later.

If you install both KDE and Gnome then K Menu will
become a mess with overpopulated submenus. Some
distributions try to solve this by hiding many
Gnome apps in KDE and most KDE apps in Gnome. I do
not like that. I want to access Gnome apps in KDE
and KDE apps in Gnome. So this is my attempt to
both maintain desktop interoperability and unmess
the menus.

Why should one install both KDE and Gnome at all?
You might be sharing your machine with somebody
who prefers the other desktop, or you might be a
desktop junky like I am.

Menu Structure

KDE apps are left where they are.  GNOME apps are
moved into Gnome.  Applications that require
neither KDE, nor GNOME are moved into
$CATEGORY/More.

Installation:

1. Save as kmenu-gnome_1.0.0-1_all.deb
2. dpkg -i kmenu-gnome_1.0.0-1_all.deb

Known Issues

K Menu Gnome only works as expected with an
unmodified K Menu. If you have already edited your
menu with KMenuEdit or added Windows applications
to the menu with Wine/Crossover/Cedega then you
should only install K Menu Gnome if you know how
to handle menu customization conflicts. Per-user
menu customizations are stored in ~/.config/menus.

Changelog:
 Release 1.0.0

* Updated Office/OpenOffice.org menu for Jaunty
Jackalope
* Excluded OpenOffice.org Writer/Web from Web
Development
* Moved GFpm & gService into System/Administration
* Excluded X-XFCE Category from Settings
* Excluded gpilot-applet from Lost & Found
* Moved gnome-dev-cdrom-audio.png into hicolor
* Removed gnome-fs-executable.png
* Updated fedora-administration.patch

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Consultant (m/w) für Application Server - Keybird
IT GmbH - vollzeit
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=243
------
C++ / QT Entwickler (m/w) - Linux Lancers
Deutschland - full time employee
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=264

more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/