Krusader 2.0.0

Shie Erlich manson at users.sf.net
Thu Apr 16 20:07:15 CEST 2009

Name: Krusader
Version: 2.0.0
Type: KDE Filemanager
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.krusader.org

  .. is an advanced twin panel (commander style)
file manager for KDE 3,
similar to Midnight or Total Commander (formerly
Windows Commander), with
many extras. It provides all the file-management
features you could possibly
want.

Plus: extensive archive handling, mounted
filesystem support, FTP, advanced
search module, viewer/editor, directory
synchronisation, file content
comparisons, powerful batch renaming and much much
more.

It supports the following archive formats: tar,
zip, bzip2, gzip, rar, ace,
arj and rpm and can handle other KIOSlaves such as
smb or fish. It is
(almost) completely customizable, very user
friendly, fast and looks great on
your desktop! :-)

Changelog:
 ADDED: [ 2466695 ] Archive dialog now remembers
Compression level

    FIXED: [ 2671702 ] wrong file size for files
with currupt encoding
    FIXED: sync-browse fails if the name contains
spaces
    FIXED: Compile error with Qt-4.5 (patch by
Marc Schiffbauer)
    FIXED: tab change at dragging doesn't work
    FIXED: [ 2543170 ] Crashes on mouse wheel in
brief view
    FIXED: [ 2553396 ] Krusader exits after
closing KrViewer
    FIXED: [ 2563664 ] Krusader always trashes
(not deletes) files
    FIXED: tar.bz2 doesn't always detected
automatically
    FIXED: panel freezes if the inactive path is
invalid
    FIXED: problem when splitter sizes are 0, 0
    FIXED: iso protocol problems with images
bigger than 4GByte
    FIXED: Windows: iso protocol works well now
    FIXED: Windows: slow start
    FIXED: Windows: the root directory is C:\
    FIXED: MountMan saves its last size
    FIXED: [ 1535954 ] krviewer hex view endian
dependent
    FIXED: [ 1550740 ] Wrong placeholder
replacement
    FIXED: [ 1988452 ] "Open the popup panel"
button hides files from the file pane
    FIXED: [ 1965317 ] Return to panel when
pressing Escape in kcmdline/panel path
    FIXED: [ 2265338 ] Copy from rar files broken
    FIXED: [ 2484665 ] Crash when deleting
modified user action
    FIXED: MountMan: mount/umount/eject uses Solid
if possible
    FIXED: [ 2381505 ] Ctrl+Shift+D in editor
(KWrite) not work
    FIXED: Krusader fails to edit files containing
international chars with Shift+F4

  CHANGED: Changed default Alt+letter shortcuts
because of [ 2564684 ].
           See the details in SVNNEWS
  CHANGED: Initial Konfigurator size is now
900x680
     ARCH: view properties for
detailed/brief/interviews are merged into one

     I18N: Updated Italian translation (thanks
Giuseppe Bordoni)
     I18N: Updated French translation (thanks to
Henry-Nicolas Tourneur and Stanislas Zeller)
     I18N: Updated Catalan translation (thanks to
Joaquim Perez)
     I18N: Updated Slovak translation (thanks to
Zdenko Podobný and Ondrej Pačay "Yogi" )
     I18N: Updated Hungarian translation
     I18N: Updated Slovenian translation
     I18N: Updated Swedish translation (thanks
Peter Landgren)

  REMOVED: CVSNEWS, SVNNEWS is the successor
(extension to this ChangeLog)

2.0.0-beta2 "Space Odyssey"
===========================

    ADDED: shortcuts: copy by queue (SHIFT+F5),
move by queue (SHIFT+F6)
    ADDED: Krusader support for tar.lzma (KDE's
tar protocol doesn't support it yet)
    ADDED: Possibility to choose one of five
sorting methods (thanks to Jacek Jaworski)
    ADDED: compare by content for search / locate
    ADDED: New mouse selection mode
    ADDED: Evolution can be used as the default
e-mail sender (thanks to Agustin Henze)
    ADDED: enqueue operation for copy / move
    ADDED: Konfigurator mouse selection mode:
Possibility to select a predefined
           mode and change a detail.
    ADDED: [ 1704953 ] highlight quick search
match
    ADDED: Useractions: added checkbox "enabled"
           and run mode option "Run in embedded
terminal emulator"
    ADDED: the description of a dir contains its
size if it is known

     ARCH: MediaButton uses Solid for medium
detection
     ARCH: QuickSearch is moved to KrView from
Detailed/Brief views
     ARCH: Keyboard handling is moved to KrView
from Detailed/Brief views

    FIXED: version number under Windows
    FIXED: the Win shortcuts doesn't work in the
UserAction examples
    FIXED: [ 2091314 ] krviewer does not remember
its window size
    FIXED: [ 2219012 ] user action icons are not
saved
    FIXED: [ 2116505 ] Total Commander selection
behavior broken
    FIXED: [ 2227421 ] Mount cdrom no longer needs
root permission
    FIXED: Krusader steps into wrong directory,
when a file changes in an inactive tab
    FIXED: When neither "kompare", "kdiff3" nor
"xxdiff" in PATH, the program set in
           "diff utility" was ignored. Under
Windows, look for them with ".exe" suffix
    FIXED: [ 2243628 ] Synchronizer overlooks
files
    FIXED: [ 2202522 ] newly created hidden files
are shown for a short time
    FIXED: calc space doesn't work on remote file
systems
    FIXED: searcher doesn't start because of
corrupt config files
    FIXED: Konfigurator doesn't detect every
mimetype for "zip" files
    FIXED: Konfigurator keeps its original size
    FIXED: Konfigurator has scrollbars if
necessary.
    FIXED: [ 2027518 ] Does not build with
-DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
           (thanks to Funda Wang)
    FIXED: [ 2041732 ] Krusader 2.0.0 beta1
missing title bar under Compiz
           (thanks to Danny Baumann for the patch)
    FIXED: [ 2023623 ] Krusader kept running after
closing the main window
    FIXED: [ 1671543 ] horizontal/vertical mode
fix in the Window menu
    FIXED: [ 1845105 ] mimetype magic can be
disabled again
    FIXED: [ 2062651 ] Ctrl+Up selects the URL in
the origin editbox
    FIXED: [ 1988893 ] konsole is started in a
wrong directory
           please set "konsole --workdir %d" for
the terminal (Konfigurator)
           as Krusader won't fix your config
automatically
    FIXED: KDE4 workaround: no colors for
synchronizer
    FIXED: MediaButton doesn't notice unmounted
pen drives+CD/DVD-s
    FIXED: "local network" bookmark didn't work
    FIXED: bookmark menu was not always closed
after opening a bookmark
    FIXED: [ 2017011 ] Crash when changing the Qt
theme
    FIXED: icons for symlinks are corrupted
    FIXED: [ 2023599 ] start root mode Krusader
works again (thanks to gladiac)
    FIXED: [ 1980765 ] error at creating ../dir
directory
    FIXED: [ 2014344 ] CTRL-C (copy) does not work
in internal editor
    FIXED: Viewing directories are disabled to
prevent KDE 4 crash
    FIXED: [Debian: 492955] useraction's
availability section was dumped to
           "command" element. (thanks Iván
Forcada Atienza)
    FIXED: Do not duplicate menu entries in
UserAction menu while still not crashing when
           configuring toolbars.

     I18N: Added Korean translation (thanks
Seongnam Jee)
     I18N: Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks
Milen Ivanov)
     I18N: Updated German translation
     I18N: Updated Dutch translation
     I18N: Updated Czech translation
     I18N: Updated Ukrainian translation (thanks
Yuri Chornoivan)
     I18N: Updated Slovenian translation (thanks
Matej Urbancic)

JOB RECOMMENDATION:
------
Praktikant m/w Programmierung/Marketing/IT -
openDesktop.org - trainee
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=109
------
Consultant (m/w) für Application Server - Keybird
IT GmbH - vollzeit
 http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/?id=243

more jobs: http://www.KDE-Apps.org/jobs/