rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Apr 4 16:53:27 CEST 2009
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework.
Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio
Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced
Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the
main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation
GUI, specially dedicated to the personal
0.4.1 2009-04-04 The Funky Dominatrix
- MIDI editor command item execution order has
been fixed, correcting the redo/undo adjustment of
overlapping note events (probably fixing bug
- MIDI clip editor (aka. piano-roll/matrix editor)
sees one of its most wanted features introduced:
visual snap grid, now accessible through
View/Snap/Grid option toggle.
- Actual non-zero session length gets back to
status bar of main application window.
- One potential buffer-overflow/memory-corruption
crash bug has been fixed, long due on most audio
(down) sample-rate conversions and affecting audio
export in particular.
- MIDI track/channel patch information, ie.
bank-select and program-change events, are now
being properly set on MIDI track/clip export.
- SSE optimization is back in town after being
mysteriously disabled since its dawn :/
- Looping and punch-recording now actively mutual
exclusive states: setting either one unsets the
other off and vice-versa. Also, punch-in/out is
now made an undoable command.
- Moving tracks, any track, up or down, were
leaving MIDI playback and meter monitoring
completely out-of-sync, now fixed.
- Automatic crash-dump reports, debugger
stack-traces (gdb), back-traces, whatever, are
being introduced as a brand new configure option
(--enable-stacktrace) and default enabled on debug
build targets (--enable-debug).
- Audio/MIDI drift correction is now progressive,
taking a least significant differential approach,
on every read-ahead cycle and swallowed on loop
turn-arounds, as before.
- Improved Edit/Clip/Normalize and Quantize
commands, now affecting the whole extended
- Playback is now being temporarily suspended
while either transport rewind or fast-forward
rolling is engaged.
- A bad and shame-on-me bug was fixed: this was
hideously affecting any track/clip playback
synchronization, most noticeable after toggling
solo/mute track states while playback is rolling
and skipping the play-head backward over more than
one clip under the same track.
- A floating-rectangle flip that showed while
dragging new files beyond the left of main track
view is now gone.
- MIDI note event truncation on both track and
clip export has been fixed.
0.4.0 2009-03-13 The Foxy Dryad
0.3.0 2008-12-25 The Fluffy Doll
0.2.2 2008-10-05 The Flirty Ditz
0.2.1 2008-08-30 The Fainty Diva
0.2.0 2008-07-18 The Frolic Demoiselle
0.1.3 2008-05-02 The Frugal Damsel
0.1.2 2008-03-23 The Frantic Dame
0.1.1 2008-02-16 The Futile Duchess
0.1.0 2008-01-05 The Frivolous Debutante
More information about the Kde-announce-apps