K Menu Gnome (Slackware package) 0.7.4

Arisztid Taszilo ariszlo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:38:44 CEST 2008

Name: K Menu Gnome (Slackware package)
Version: 0.7.4
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend:
License: Other
Homepage: http://ariszlo.tripod.com/

 K Menu with Gnome folder and extra icons for KDE
3.2 or later.

If you install both KDE and Gnome then K Menu will
become a mess with overpopulated submenus. Some
distributions try to solve this by hiding many
Gnome apps in KDE and most KDE apps in Gnome. I do
not like that. I want to access Gnome apps in KDE
and KDE apps in Gnome. So this is my attempt to
both maintain desktop interoperability and unmess
the menus.

Why should one install both KDE and Gnome at all?
You might be sharing your machine with somebody
who prefers the other desktop, or you might be a
desktop junky like I am.

Menu Structure

KDE apps are left where they are.  GNOME apps are
moved into Gnome.  Applications that require
neither KDE, nor GNOME are moved into
$CATEGORY/More.

Installation:

1. Save as kmenu-gnome-0.7.4-noarch-1.tgz
2. installpkg kmenu-gnome-0.7.4-noarch-1.tgz
3. Restart X and run kappfinder to update the K
Menu.

Changelog:
 Release 0.7.4

* Excluded X-KDE-More from Utilities main. See
[url=http://bugs.kde.org/161117]KDE Bug
161117[/url]
* Merged Fedora spec files. Thanks Chitlesh
Goorah!
* Updated Arch Linux PKGBUILD for KDE4. Thanks
Adam!
* Added kmg-administration.png,
system-software.png & system-software-install.png
* Moved gtk-paste.png into hicolor
* Removed applications-system.png