Hyper Video Converter 0.99

- - almatic at coole-files.de
Thu Sep 11 08:53:28 CEST 2008

Name: Hyper Video Converter
Version: 0.99
Type: KDE Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander

 /////////////////////////////////////

I have rewritten this !
new version can be found here.

http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Hyper+Video+Converter?content=88970

/////////////////////////////////////

Hello,

this is a frontend for ffmpeg I have made because
I wanted something, that let's me quickly convert
videos from konqueror without typing
3-line-commands in the console.

Features are as follows:

- Batch Conversion

- It let's you save profiles of your settings
re-use.
I found this useful because ffmpeg often is
trial-and-error until the right settings are
found, so you won't search twice for them.

- It is highly customizable because I have added
possibility to use custom settings for all
options.

- service menu for konqueror

- The gui will generate the ffmpeg command, which
you can review and edit before executing, so you
have total control. It will also show the
stdout/err output from ffmpeg.

- i18n ready. It comes with a german translation
and a clean .po file, which you can translate in
your language using KBabel (would be nice if you'd
sent me the translation then).

I'm using it for myself quiet some time now and
found it very useful, so I thought I'd share with
you. Have fun

installation:
-------------

I have added a little script, just unpack the
tarball, cd in the new directory and type

./installer.sh

as user (not root !). If it doesn't work for
whatever reason, open the installer with a
texteditor. I have added the locations, where the
files should go, at the top comment. Just copy
manually.

#######################################

Requirements:

- Kommander
- ffmpeg (recent version)
- ffmpeg2theora (if you want to create .ogg videos
with it).
- mplayer (for info and preview)

You can send bugs or any kind of feedback to
almatic at coole-files.de

Changelog:
 0.99 Rewrite in Freepascal

please see
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Hyper+Video+Converter?content=88970

0.98 Migration to Kommander 1.3

!!!!Please Read before you intall!!!!

The main reason for this update is the migration
to the new Kommander parser.

THIS VERSION REQUIRES KOMMANDER 1.3 TO RUN !

If you don't want to update your kommander version
(maybe you wanna wait for your distro to offer it
in their repos), you can use hyper 0.97. You can
find a download-link at the bottom.

Changes of 0.98:

- GUI rework

- you can now pass multiple files to the gui via
the servicemenu. Just mark as many videos as you
like in konqueror, right-click->actions->convert
with hyper

- improved batch-conversion

- many other things

Please give me feedback if you have any trouble
with the script

0.97.11 Update for Ubuntu Users

- have made hyper POSIX compliant because Ubuntu
uses dash as default shell, rather than bash. I
was unaware of that fact.
All bashisms should have been removed, please give
me feedback if you still encounter problems.

0.97.10

- fixed an issue with codec names.
In some distributions, ffmpeg uses different names
for some codecs as in others.
This refers to libxvid  xvid, amr  libamr, aac
libfaac, x264  libx264.
The issue should be fixed for the above mentioned
codecs. Please give me feedback if you experience
problems with these or other codecs and include
the output of 'ffmpeg -formats'.

- application is now more verbose in case of
incorrect settings or other errors