ANNOUNCE: Manju Project

Tim Janik timj at imendio.com
Tue Sep 9 22:03:26 CEST 2008

The Manju Project
=================

Andreas Nilsson and I recently started the Manju project which aims
at creating graphical widget toolkit themes from SVG files in a
toolkit independent fashion.

It combines the idea of a pixmap theme engine, Jimmac's "One Canvas
Workflow", SVG markup features and Inkscape export functionality to
fully automate the creation of a scalable and stretchable pixmap theme
from an SVG source.

We're currently working out the SVG theme file specification, the binary
pixmap theme file format, as well as sample files and sample code to
demonstrate toolkit side rendering.

Everybody is invited to participate and at this early stage feedback on
every aspect is highly appreciated.

We're particularly looking for people who like to review our specs,
implement widgets or theme engines and who like to create alternate
themes.

The project is hosted as a git repository:
 	http://git.testbit.eu/Manju
And provides a communication forum and web presence:
 	http://groups.google.de/group/manju-project
Automated snapshots of our ongoing work are also provided:
 	http://pages.testbit.eu/manju/snapshots/nordic.png

---
ciaoTJ