MAC addresser (a.k.a. MaK changer) 0.4.0

jozef K, joffko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:19:50 CEST 2008

Name: MAC addresser (a.k.a. MaK changer)
Version: 0.4.0
Type: KDE Networking Tool
Depend: PyKDE/PyQt
License: LGPL

 QT4 frontend for CLI tool macchanger, written in
Python using PyQt4.

---0.4.0---

Under the hood refactoring
Icon
small UI changes
better install and uninstall scripts

---0.3.63---
New version comes, with boot option which can be
still buggy,if you'll find some, write me.
Boot option should be tricky, if you boot with
changed MAC address, your device names should be
also changed.
So once you booted with boot script, and you want
to change MAC address on boot again, delete boot
script(file-> delete boot script) and restart your
computer first!!!

INSTALL:

untar
chmod +x install.sh
run install.sh as root
type makchanger

dep:
-python
-pyqt
-macchanger
-kdesudo

TODO:

- restore
- UI improvements

PS: another distibutions should be added in boot
options,if you tell me how ( joffko(at)gmail.com )
PS1:you need to be root to change mac addres

Enjoy

Changelog:
 0.4.0

- rewritten for better integration into another
apps
- icon added
- UI polish
- code ready for simple creating boot scripts, for
another distribution

0.3.63
- added boot option(initialy for kubuntu only
- added filemenu, with networking start/stop
option
- code optimization, more feautures in same size

0.2.13
- log works much better
- bug with wlan removed

0.2.11