Piq 0.3

Bartosz Paweł doles2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 20:04:38 CEST 2008

Name: Piq
Version: 0.3
Type: KDE Networking Tool
Depend: Qt 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/piq/

 This is my first serious program written with Qt
4.X.To be honest, it`s my first serious project at
all :).

Piq is just little application which can display
quick information about Your adresses (internal
LAN IP, broadcast or mac).Program scans Your host
for all possible network interfaces, so You don`t
have to type anything. Piq works in system tray,
You can close its window and it will be still
running. Moreover it can show Your public IP if
You are NAT-user or something similar. This
feature is very useful if You are some net-gamer
and there are a bunch of line edits to quickly and
easy copying necessary data.
Of course there are plenty of application which
can the same thing but I`m almost sure that Piq is
smallest, fastest ang most light :)

I`ve almost forgotten. My project-motto: "It is
good to have an ace up one`s sleeve. An ace like a
Piq .."
Just have fun to use it, read and modifying source
code.

HOW TO COMPILE & RUN:
1. If you already got *.pro file just   type:
 [quote]make[/quote]
Make sure that there is the *.PRO file in Your
source code directory. Later You just click on
binary file or type:
  [quote]./binaryfile[/quote]
where "binaryfile" is the name of compiled
program.
2. I you don`t have the *.pro file or something
failed make sure You already have installed Qt
libraries. Then type this (everything in Your
Source code directory):
[quote]qmake - project[/quote]
On Debian/Ubuntu type:
[quote]qmake-qt4 -project[/quote]
Then:
[quote]qmake *.pro[/quote] press Tab and Enter
At the end type this:
[quote]make[/quote]

Binary, compiled package and some debs for Debian
and Ubuntu are comming soon.
PS: I would like to apologise for my English, I
know it isn`t the best one.

Changelog:
 *In version 0.3 there is multi-tab (Advanced tab)
which shows public IP
*Fixed some troubles with debuging messages
*Some housekeeping job with source code, You know
variables and comments :)