[idea] KRestaurantDB 0.0

Panther Wyvern pandarsson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 4 10:32:03 CET 2008

Name: [idea] KRestaurantDB
Version: 0.0
Type: KDE Database
Depend:

 A restaurant database.

I\\\\\\\'ve set up something like this in Kexi,
but the interface leaves much to be desired.

I was entering recipes in Krecipes when I got this
idea.  The basic idea is to have a specialized
database program in which you enter restaurant
information.  This can help you decide which
restaurant to which you\\\\\\\'d like to go when
you decide to go out to eat.

Ideally, there should be fields for restaurant
names, restaurant type(s) (for instance,
\\\\\\\"pizza\\\\\\\", \\\\\\\"theme\\\\\\\",
\\\\\\\"ethnic\\\\\\\", type of ethnic,
\\\\\\\"gourmet\\\\\\\", \\\\\\\"suit and
tie\\\\\\\", etc. - there should be the ability to
enter multiple types and make queries based on
type), menu(s) (possible multiple menus for
perhaps lunch, dinner, or subtype of food) and the
hours the menus are served (including all-day) and
their prices.  For menus, there should be lists of
particular dishes and foods with their prices as
well as whether it\\\\\\\'s a buffet or not, also
ratings of each item (both personal and critic -
possibly multiple critic ratings and suggestions).
 There should also be fields for restaurant
ratings (based on the four-stars system), a note
wherein you type in the critic review or your own,
whether or not you visited the restaurant (so you
can decide if you want to try something new),
price ranges (both verbal - like inexpensive,
moderate, expensive, very expensive - and monetary
- like $12-$20) and contact information.  Oh, and
maybe nutritional information, if available.

A nifty interface perhaps a bit like krecipes (I
love that program) is key.

I would love to help in such a project in any way,
but I don\\\\\\\'t know coding all that well.
I\\\\\\\'m hoping someone who does falls in love
with the idea as I have.

I have included an incomplete, basic idea I made
in QT Designer.  As I\\\\\\\'m sure you can tell,
I have no experience in UI design.