KPackageKit 0.1-b1

Daniel Nicoletti mirttex85-kapps at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jun 30 04:55:24 CEST 2008

Name: KPackageKit
Version: 0.1-b1
Type: KDE System Tool
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.packagekit.org

 KPackageKit is the KDE interface for PackageKit.

It\'s intended to be ONLY a PackageKit insterface,
this means if there is some cool feature like
inproving the performance of a yum database
it is PackageKit related and distro specifc stuff
should be disccused there.

Well if you don\'t already know PackageKit take a
look our website. If you use Fedora >9 it\'s the
default package manager (from the UI point of
view).
So now you can use PackageKit from a KDE app :D

This is the first beta, not feature complete
(comparing to gnome-packagekit), but
search/install/remove operations are fully
functional.

There are some known bugs, but we appreciate
feedback, so if you find something crashing
please report it. This is our main objective
in releasing it.
--------------------
KPackageKit itself can do nothing without
PackageKit and libpackagekit-qt, this last
one is being developed together with the ui.

I\'m the main developer of KPackageKit ui
and Adrien Bustany is the main developer of
libpackagekit-qt. Sometimes he helps me
with the ui and sometimes i help him with
the lib...
-------------------
INSTALATION

Well now that you decide to install it
Be careful :D no warranty is given..

Requirements:
PackageKit 0.2.2
 - The package provided here does NOT contain
 packageKit itself, so please first make it
 work on YOUR distro.
Qt >4.4 (Won\'t compile with older versions)
KdeLibs of Kde4
Polykit-DBus
Polykit-Auth

If something is missing please say :)

Compiling:
To compile it is very easy but you MUST
follow this steps:
- extract the tar.bz2 (of course)
--- libpackagekit
- $ cd lib # this is the libpackagekit-qt
- $ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install
- # exit
- $ cd ..
---KPackageKit
- $ cd gui # this is the KPackageKit dir
- $ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install

Enjoy :)

--- if you use Debian like me, and kdm from
KDE 4 it\'s not possible yet to install/remove
packages it\'s a consolekit issue that i\'m
waiting someone to fix. There is a
policykit-kde on KDE SVN but i didn\'t had time
to checkout.