simon (Speech Interaction Daemon) 0.1-alpha-2

Peter Grasch bedahr at gmx.net
Fri Jun 20 17:36:03 CEST 2008

Name: simon (Speech Interaction Daemon)
Version: 0.1-alpha-2
Type: KDE Accessibility Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://simon-listens.org

 The project provides a ready-to-use interface for
the julius speech recognition engine for a
handicapped child which is not able to use the
keyboard well. It integrates into X11 and Windows.

simon can import dictionaries, grammar structures
and compile a language model with the help of the
HTK toolkit of the university of cambridge.

 With the recognition results it can type texts,
simulate shortcut sequences and start programs.

Simon will provide you with infos of how to set it
up when you first start it, but there is also a
tutorial on the official project wiki (under
construction):
http://simon-listens.org/wiki

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need
help!

Binary packages and bug reports highly
appreciated!

Changelog:
 0.1-alpha-2:

Too many changes to count - here the most
important ones:

Fixed about a gazillion bugs.
Streamlined the interface.
The command-system has been completely rewritten.
A few performance optimizations.
Introduced a structured build-system.
Switched to portaudio backend for more
compatibility.
Did I mention fixing bugs? Lots of them...

0.1-alpha-1:
Initial release