Konversation 1.1rc1 for KDE 3 released

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Jul 14 10:54:08 CEST 2008

--- Description ---

Konversation is a user-friendly Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client
for KDE.

--- Release Notes ---

We are extremely pleased to announce the first release candidate
of Konversation's next major release, v1.1. Konversation 1.1 is
a special release for us in multiple ways: It's our farewell to
KDE 3, by way of being the last major release built upon that
venerable platform. It's also our biggest release yet, in terms
of the number and magnitude of the changes.

The additions and improvements in this release are both user-
visible and under the hood. Some of the highlights are rewritten
connection handling (robustness and correctness improvements,
better support for IRC URLs, bookmarking and more), redone DCC
with better UI and Passive/Reverse DCC support, a redone away
system with the addition of auto-away support, redone and much
more useful remember / marker line support, a new outbound
traffic scheduler that is capable of aggressive throttling to
avoid flooding while smartly reordering messages to improve la-
tencies, great convenience additions like a "Next Active View"
shortcut, and much, much more, along with a large number of
bugfixes and tweaks to round things out.

Please note that while we're generally quite confident that this
release candidate is the most robust and stable version of Kon-
versation published so far, this is not a final release version,
and so nasty bugs might still be present (if you find any,
please report :-). Translation coverage is also not yet fina-
lized.

Full changelogs available at:
http://konversation.kde.org/

Download available at: