KPackageKit 0.1-b3

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-kapps at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 7 05:58:09 CEST 2008

Name: KPackageKit
Version: 0.1-b3
Type: KDE System Tool
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.packagekit.org

 KPackageKit is the KDE interface for PackageKit.

It\'s intended to be ONLY a PackageKit interface,
this means if there is some cool feature like
improving the performance of a yum database it is
PackageKit related and distro specifc stuff that
should be disccused there.

Well if you don\'t already know PackageKit take a
look at our website. If you use Fedora >9 it\'s
the default package manager (from the UI point of
view).
So now you can use PackageKit from a KDE app :D

This is the third beta, not feature complete
(comparing to gnome-packagekit), it features:
 - Search (Get details, files, depends..)
 - Install
 - Remove
 - Check for Updates

There are some known bugs, but we appreciate
feedback, so if you find something crashing please
report it. This is our main objective in releasing
it now.
--------------------
KPackageKit itself can do nothing without
PackageKit and libpackagekit-qt, this last one is
being developed together with the ui.

I\'m the main developer of KPackageKit ui and
Adrien Bustany is the main developer of
libpackagekit-qt. Sometimes he helps me with the
ui and sometimes i help him with the lib...
And YES i changed my nickname, it was mirttex
it\'s just it\'s been a long time i\'m willing to
change it.
-------------------
INSTALATION

Well now that you decide to install it. Be careful
:D no warranty is given..

Requirements:
PackageKit 0.2.2
- The package provided here does NOT contain
packageKit itself, so please first make it
work on YOUR distro.
Qt >4.4 (Won\'t compile with older versions)
KdeLibs of Kde4
Policykit-DBus

If something is missing please say :)

Compiling:
To compile it is very easy but you MUST
follow this steps:
- extract the tar.bz2 (of course)
--- libpackagekit-qt
- $ cd lib # here is the libpackagekit-qt
- $ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install
- # exit
- $ cd ..
---KPackageKit
- $ cd gui # here is KPackageKit dir
- $ cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
- $ make
- $ su
- # make install

Enjoy :)

--- if you use Debian like me, and kdm from KDE 4
it\'s not possible yet to install/remove packages
it\'s a consolekit issue that i\'m waiting someone
to fix. There is a policykit-kde on KDE SVN but i
didn\'t had time to checkout. If you want to try
you can use GDM.