KsirK 4.1.82

Gaël de Chalendar kleag at free.fr
Sat Dec 6 00:48:52 CET 2008

Name: KsirK
Version: 4.1.82
Type: KDE Tactics & Strategy Game
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: https://gna.org/projects/ksirk/

 Preview of KsirK as it will appear in KDE 4.2

The KDE4.2 version of KsirK corrects a lot of bugs
but moreover it has new features:
- playing over the Jabber network (Gmail
protocol);
- a skin editor. Now if you can create (or gather)
SVG graphics, you can easily create new skins;
- Hot New Stuff support. You can easily download
and install new skins.

To build the KDE4 preview version, you must have
the KDE4 libkdegames package installed with its
development package. Then
  * download and extract the archive;
  * cd in the newly created dir ;
  * mkdir build
  * cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$KDEDIR .. (where
$KDEDIR is where KDE4 is installed)
  * make
  * install with the appropriate root rights
  * run ksirk (or ksirkskineditor)

For bugs reports, please no comment here but at
bugs.kde.org

If you want to play network games with others,
connect with your jabber account and reach the
room ksirk at conference.kdetalk.net

KsirK still needs YOU ! I'd like to receive:
- play network games with you;
- comments;
- bug reports (well, I wouldn't like but they
would be useful !);
- help for new skins ;
- code if you'd like.

Happy World Conquest !

Kleag

KsirK is a strategy game inspired by the well
known game Risk. It runs under KDE or any Linux
system with the KDE libs and is released under the
GPL. KsirK is a multi-player network-enabled game
with an AI.

Build and installation instructions are in the
INSTALL file in the source archive

Changelog:
 This was completely outdated ! Before I update
this data, you can have a look at the ChangeLog
file and the TODO file (items marked with DONE)