ipodslave for KDE4 pre 0.01

David Edmundson kde at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 00:14:57 CEST 2008

Name: ipodslave for KDE4
Version: pre 0.01
Type: KDE Other Utility
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage:

 [b]About[/b]

Ipodslave is a project started by Michael Schulze
for editing the contents of your iPod through the
most natural way possible. The File browser. Songs
can be viewed in the traditional
Artists/Album/Song much like you would expect to
find them in an organised system, even though they
are stored in a far more obfuscated format on
disk. (Stupid Apple). I have ported the project so
that it runs under the latest QT4/KDE4
environment.

[b]What Works[/b]
Viewing the songs
Copying the songs on to other media
Viewing the statistics page

[b]What doesn\'t work[/b]
The compiler output is \"verbose\" to say the
least
It uses some deprecated QT3 functions, mostly to
do with QLists.
Clicking playlists causes a crash
Adding new files currently results in a message
saying ID3 messages are non-existant. I plan to
change the tagging library to taglib to be inline
with more of kdemultimedia
Apparently doesn\'t seem to compile under 64bit
architectures
Some synchronisation is done via webpages. This
isn\'t a good approach with Dolphin being the new
manager

I\'m posting to here early to see if anyone wants
to help out, and to make sure that no-one else is
also working on porting this fantastic utility.

Original ipodslave can be found here:
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/ipodslave?content=11962