KaNDAS 0.1beta1

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri Apr 18 20:15:09 CEST 2008

Name: KaNDAS
Version: 0.1beta1
Type: KDE Networking Tool
Depend: KDE 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/kandas/

 KaNDAS is a management infrastructure for NDAS
devices. It consists of the KaNDASd daemon which
detects any changes on your device situation and
allows clients to connect and disconnect devices,
and some interfaces to use this daemon. Note that
this software is only intended for usage with
network drives with NDAS technology. These are for
example sold by Trekstor and are all powered by
the ndas kernel driver by Ximeta.

Besides the KaNDAS client for KDE 4, there are
also the KaNDASconsole tools. KaNDAS,
KaNDASconsole, and KaNDASd are available for
download from the project page; there are also
packages available from my repository at the
openSUSE build service:
[li]openSUSE 10.3:
[url]http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lordofdestiny/openSUSE_10.3[/url][/li]
[li]openSUSE Factory:
[url]http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lordofdestiny/openSUSE_Factory[/url][/li]

KaNDAS is in a very early state, I\\\\\\\'m
planning to add more features, most notably the
ability to start and stop the ndas driver, and an
interface to add and remove devices. Another goal
of the project is to add more interfaces, for
instance a GTK interface or a tray icon or a
Plasmoid. If you\\\\\\\'re interested: The
daemon\\\\\\\'s interface is documented at the
project wiki and all (i.e. both) necessary
development files are included in the KaNDASd
source package.