Kommander Database Plugin (1.3) 0.4

Eric Laffoon sequitur at kde.org
Mon Apr 7 11:08:47 CEST 2008

Name: Kommander Database Plugin (1.3)
Version: 0.4
Type: KDE Development Tool
Depend: Kommander

 NOTE: Requires Kommander 1.3 which shipped in KDE
3.5.9

New database plugin! This plugin uses Qt3 drivers.
That means half a dozen database engines to choose
from and rock solid drivers. Most distributions
ship with Qt drivers enabled and available for
Postgres, MySql and Sqlite. This means you can
also use Kommander for Oracle, DB2 and ODBC.

These drivers are in line to be ported to KDE4 for
our upcoming release. If you need special connect
options let me know. They will be available in the
KDE 4 version as well as new data widgets and
objects.

Kommander is unique in offering not a universal
front end that exposes everything to every user,
but a custom interface to data forms at the
complexity level of a spreadsheet. Upcoming
versions will make it even easier. If you work
with data you should try it.

If you have Kommander database drivers already
these are almost a drop in replacement. You have
to rework your connect statement. There is almost
no loss beyond connection in functionality and
substantial improvements. See our change log.

Changelog:
 version 0.4
* Now uses Qt drivers!
* driver level transaction handling
* Last error
* lest query
* retrieve row and cell, not just row
* navigation functions for result set
* rows affected
* every function returns success/fail indications

version 0.3.2
Use new plugin architecture which won't break with
any change to Kommander, which ironically is in
it's last expected KDE3 incarnation.