ReMoot 0.9

J B joel.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:40:18 CEST 2007

Name: ReMoot
Version: 0.9
Type: KDE Other Utility
Depend:
License: Other
Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/remoot/

 ReMoot - the pseudo-universal remote control
wrapper

ReMoot is written in perl and is a command wrapper
for a number of media
programs running on GNU/Linux systems. ReMoot can
control all apps listed below. By mapping your
multimedia keyboard to remoot you can control ALL
of these apps with the same keys. You can also
control ReMoot over the web using the rewwwoot
client.

Supported programs:

   1. amarok
   2. aqualung
   3. audacious
   4. banshee
   5. bmp
   6. exaile
   7. gmusicbrowser
   8. juk
   9. kaffeine
  10. kmplayer
  11. kscd
  12. listen
  13. moc
  14. mpd
  15. mplayer
  16. noatun
  17. pytone
  18. quark
  19. quodlibet
  20. rhythmbox
  21. smplayer
  22. totem
  23. vlc
  24. xine
  25. xmms
  26. xmms2

ReMoot handles multiple running and supported apps
by asking ALSA and DCOP what is going on and tries
to guess which app you mean when you issue a
command using an clever algorithm we call "Do the
Right Thing"TM.

Installation and usage are both very easy. ReMoot
plays REALLY nice with key-mapping programs like
LinEAK and Keytouch.

ARTWORK CONTEST!

Send us your much nicer artwork in any commonly
supported image format so that we can distribute
it together with the Rewww00t. There should be one
image for each button (prev, play/pause, next,
stop, volup, mute, voldown) and images for a
frame. We would like it to fit within a small
frame of 320x480 pixels or less to suit small
screens. The contest is open until we say
otherwise :-). The winner receives nothing more or
less than eternal glory and a guaranteed seat at
the table in Valhalla!! Spread the word!

CONTACT

Please contact us if you have ideas, find bugs or
heaps of nicely
documented code to donate. Hugs and fanmail are
also welcome. And money.

We are hosted over at SourceForge. Head over there
to download the packages, check out the wiki and
post insightful comments on the forum.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/remoot/

Thanx for using ReMoot!

Changelog:
 0.9 "Vårgårda" - This release introduces a new
client/daemon model and adds or improves support
for many apps: moc,           mpd, quark, beep
media player,           pytone, gmusicbrowser,
xmms2 and           smplayer. Do the Right Thing
is even smarter than before. rewwwoot is faster
and safer and now distributed in a separate
package. We have debs too!

0.4 - Added support for mplayer, VLC, exaile,
aqualung, audacious, kscd and listen. Added "Do
the Right Thing". Updated license to PAL 2.0

0.3.1.1 - Fixed a stupid bug that prevented the
program to list supported programs

0.3.1.2 - Included Rewww00t, the web interface!
Thanks to Linus!