Kickoff-Qt for Slackware 0.1

Manfred Mueller mmueller at live-modules.org
Sun Nov 18 21:08:16 CET 2007

Name: Kickoff-Qt for Slackware
Version: 0.1
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend: KDE 3.5.x

 SuSe like kickoff for Slackware.

It conflicts with genuine kdebase from Slackware.

It is tested on a fresh installation of genuine
Slackware current with Xorg 7.1.

You have to install liblazy - use the version from
the link provided.

CREDITS GO TO SFLACK / WWW.SFLACK.COM FOR THE HELP
WITH MY FIRST STEPS !!!

This version has to be taken for highly
experimental so don't blame me if you ruin your
installation. ;)

In case of problems uninstall this package and
reinstall the original Slackware kdebase package.

Comments are highly appreciated !

Changelog:
 New in version 0.1:

- Compiled from scratch and upgraded to kdebase
3.5.7

- Tested on
Slackware-12.0/Slax6RC6/LMO-Live-0.2rc1

Version 0.1_alpha:

Changed kmenu button for the use with Nekdesk-ng
(which will be (re)born in the next weeks) and
Slax6.

If you want to use this package with Slax6 RC2
there will be a lack of dependencies in comparison
to genuine Slackware.

As the original compilation doesn't behave as
expected (no hover effect with kemu button) I had
to merge the compiled svn version with the kickoff
rpm from Mandriva.

As soon as the compilation gets stable I will
provide a new version.