KGmailNotifier 0.2

Marcel Hasler mahasler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 20:10:30 CEST 2007

Name: KGmailNotifier
Version: 0.2
Type: Mail Application
Depend: PyKDE/PyQt

 KGmailNotifier is a gmail notifier applet written
for KDE using Python and PyQt/PyKDE. It's greatly
inspired by the gmail notifier that can be found
here:
[url]http://gmail-notify.sourceforge.net[/url].

When new mail has arrived in your inbox a small
window will popup, showing author and subject of
the newest mail. The underlined link (in blue)
will take you straight to your inbox with your
preferred browser.

The reason I wrote this applet is because I had
always liked the original notifier mentioned
above, except for the fact that it just didn't fit
nicely in to the KDE environment. Also
KGmailNotifier provides some extra features I was
missing such as acoustic notification and support
for LEDs on notebooks and multimedia keyboards.

KGmailNotifier also uses the gmailatom library
written by Juan Grande for the original
Gmail-Notifier at Sourceforge.

Bug reports, critic, compliments, suggestions etc.
are highly welcome.

My todo list
- Fix bugs (in case someone reports any)
-Add i18n support

How to use:
Extract the archive to some place in your home
dir. Then run 'python kgmailnotifier.py' from
inside the KGmailNotifer dir.

That's it. Enjoy!

Changelog:
 Changelog from 0.1 to 0.2:
- Configuration and about dialog redone
- Configuration file moved to
~/.kde/share/config/kgmailnotifierrc
- Fixed a stupid typo that caused unanimated popup
window to be displayed in the wrong place
- Fixed crash on exit with newer PyKDE/PyQt
versions
- Implemented checking mail more efficiently