[Kde-announce-apps] K3b Unstable 1.0rc7

Sebastian Trueg trueg at k3b.org
Tue Mar 13 12:35:06 CET 2007

Name: K3b Unstable
Version: 1.0rc7
Type: CD/DVD Software
Depend: KDE 3.2.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.k3b.org

 K3b is a CD/DVD burning and ripping application.
For details see the homepage.

This Beta version is not intended for daily use
but for testing and bug hunting. I encourage
everyone who is willing to test the K3b 1.0 Beta
to compile it with full debugging:

./configure --enable-debug=full

Changelog:
 1.0rc7
* Some fixes for stuff
* New 1.0 theme by quant

1.0rc6
* Writing speed fixes
* Unmount before each burn

1.0rc5
* Cdrkit support
* improved device capabilities detection for
drives with buggy firmware (Plextor comes to mind)

1.0rc4
* Again many fixes and improvements, for example
another Plextor medium detection fix and a
rewritten audio track splitting.

1.0rc3
* Many little improvements and bug fixes.

1.0rc2
* Fix the "all files bigger than 4GB" bug
* FreeBSD compile fix

1.0rc1
* Many fixes
* Many improvements

1.0beta1
* Fixed a whole lot of bugs (we are down to 100 on
bugs.kde.org, this may sound a lot but there were
over 650 open before the 1.0 cycle started, thanks
Christoph Burger-Scheidlin for his big help)
* Some GUI improvements
* Better device handling
* No mediamanager problems anymore.
* so much more...

1.0pre2
* many device handling fixes
* GUI changes
* libdvdread dependancy optional
* Minimum KDe version lowered to 3.2

I will not post a full Changelog yet but can tell
you one thing: From now on you will want to do all
your Video DVD ripping with K3b