taha_ab at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 19 06:58:23 CEST 2007
Depend: Qt 3.x
K3DSurf is a program to visualize and manipulate
Multidimensional surfaces by using Mathematical
equations. It's also a "Modeler" for POV-Ray in
the area of parametric and iso surfaces.
* 3D, 4D, 5D and 6D HyperObjects visualization.
* Full support of all functions (like C language).
* Support of mouse event in the drawing
area(Left:Rotate, Right:scale and Midle:
* Animation and Morph effect.
* Povscript and Mesh file generation(and Run if
povray is installed). VRML2 and OBJ files also
* More than 100 well known examples.
An applet Java can be found at :
GTK an Xwindow version under work.
After 6 months of work (and two years since this
project was first lunched), we can say that
K3DSurf IS the fastest math tool ever made. Why?
Because itâs using a new mathematical function
parser technique that makes it extremely fast:
Some examples are already running five times
faster but it has the potential to go at much
Inspired from Hyperdimentional math objects and
made for them, this new technology (called âThe
geometrical parserâ, use parallel calculations
and some geometrical properties) was now tested
successfully with Isosurfaces and the next targets
are the morph effect and especially the
Also, the integrated OpenGL viewer can go as
height as 10M-triangles/500-Grid (will be soon
unlimited), use the transparency to give the
mathematical objects a new dimension that results
in impressive images (Some examples are shown in
With this new math parser and the height
resolution OpenGL viewer, we finally have the
right tools for a deep exploration of the math
world mysteries: The journey in the mathematical
world is officially declared open :)
More infos and mathematical objects can be found
in the forum:
(14 June 07)
1) New GUI interface, with menus and toolbar.
2) Possibility to save a config file to store
infos about colors and isosurfaces resolution.
1) The OpenGL viewer has the possibility to go as
height as 10MTriangles/Grid 500 (such objects
however require more than 15G of RAM or more than
1G of hard drive space for the equivalent .OBJ
2) Add possibility to export the "Minimal
topology" as an .OBJ file: A new table for the
Marching Cube algorithm was made from scratch
(released under the GPL licence, we don't think
such table is available on the net) that can
generate a small amount of polygons compared to
the original one.
3) Add Possibility to show more than one
4) Possibility to store/load/delete Isosurfaces
5) Possibility to turn ON/OF the new parser for
fast math calculations.
5) New examples.
Possibility to store/load parametric formulas.
(19 June 07)
1) K3DSurf 0.6.2 for Windows, with
2) K3DSurf 0.6.2 for MacOSX.
More information about the Kde-announce-apps