K Menu Gnome (source) 0.6.5

Arisztid Taszilo ariszlo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:58:40 CEST 2007

Name: K Menu Gnome (source)
Version: 0.6.5
Type: KDE Improvement
Depend:
License: Other
Homepage: http://ariszlo.tripod.com/

 K Menu with Gnome folder and extra icons for KDE
3.2 or later.

If you install both KDE and Gnome then K Menu will
become a mess with overpopulated submenus. Some
distributions try to solve this by hiding many
Gnome apps in KDE and most KDE apps in Gnome. I do
not like that. I want to access Gnome apps in KDE
and KDE apps in Gnome. So this is my attempt to
both maintain desktop interoperability and unmess
the menus.

Why should one install both KDE and Gnome at all?
You might share your machine with somebody who
prefers the other desktop, or you might be a
desktop junky like I am.

Disclaimer

K Menu Gnome is not compatible with the menus of
heavily customized distributions such as SUSE,
Mandriva, or PCLinuxOS.

Changelog:
 Version 0.6.5: Updated for Slackware Current &
Vector 5.8. Cleaned up the K Menu of Debian 4.0
KDE Edition. Added make-arch-package.sh for Arch
Linux and printer.png for Fedora 7.

Version 0.6.4: Less links, more icons.

Version 0.6.3: Updated to Gnome 2.18.

Version 0.6.2: Moved several GTK apps that don't
require Gnome out of the Gnome directory and moved
into it several Gnome apps which are not
categorized as Gnome apps in their menu entry
files.

Version 0.6.1: updated to Gnome 2.16.

Version 0.6: technical tweaks mostly invisible to
the user like fixing the ownership of symlinks or
cleaning up the spec files.

Version 0.5: updated to KDE 3.5 and Gnome 2.14 and
added some classic Gnome Core icons.

Version 0.4: Moved to KDE-Apps.org.