Qwiimote 0.0.2

Jeremiah Summers miah at cox.net
Sat Jul 28 00:51:59 CEST 2007

Name: Qwiimote
Version: 0.0.2
Type: KDE Other Utility
Depend: Qt 4.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.PCLinuxOSFiles.com

 This is a simple and non elegant frontend for
Cwiid. Cwiid allows you to use your WiiMote as a
Mouse.

I am not a programmer. I have never touched Python
or QT4 before this and I'm sure it shows. Your
feedback is welcome just know it may take a while
as I'm just learning.

This project is hosted by PCLinuxOSFiles.com a
project that is devoted to making PCLinuxOS easier
to use and Linux in general by supporting people
learning to program, like me through hosting small
projects.

Qwiimote will be maintained until:

1. Something better comes out
2. It's fully Stable and really easy to use.

Look for PCLinuxOS RPMS soon and SRC rpms (for you
other guys) ;)

Please support the Cwiid Project by your
donations.

http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Wiili:Site_support

I am in no way affiliated with the Cwiid project,
but I think it's the Bees Knees.

Thanks

Changelog:
 Release 0.0.1 Initial Release
A Dirty little frontend to Cwiid. The program
writes to a log file in /var which is good but
it's also used for finding the status of why the
wiimote didn't connect. I know this could be done
more easily through using stndout but I don't know
how to do that as of yet. WIll work on that for
the Future release.

Release 0.0.1b
Notice that Wiimote Connect was different then
WiiMote Disconnect. Change to look the Same.

Release 0.0.2
Still haven't figured out stdrout, but I'm working
on it. Made qwiimote exicutible on it's own
without the Desktop file. wiimote still needs to
be in the same directory however. I've also place
a check for root user. If you're not a root user
then you will be made to exit. The Desktop file
calls kdesu. Being root is needed as I load a
module, write to /var and the wiimote driver
requires to be ran as root.