KDE 4 snapshots for amd64 07.07.22-01

Andres J. Riofrio andres.j.new at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:49:05 CEST 2007

Name: KDE 4 snapshots for amd64
Version: 07.07.22-01
Type: Other Software
Depend:
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4-amd64/

 These are KDE 4 and qt-copy builds for 64-bits
computers (amd64) downloaded from svn and build
with kdesvn-build. I will update them (at least)
once a week, and add more modules as I go
(currently I have all main modules plus some
extragear and playground modules).

Now you can also use the Oxygen style. See:
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/tips/oxygen-style-in-kde-4/

[b][i]PLEASE, NOTE:[/i] KDE 4 is still in alpha
stage, so some things may not work. [/b]

Instructions are now in the website:
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4-amd64/instructions/

[strike][b]NOTE about Kwin[/b]: currently kwin
does not work, due to a symbol error:
kwin: symbol lookup error:
/home/kde4/kde/lib/libkdeui.so.5: undefined
symbol: _ZNK11QPushButton15minimumSizeHintEv
(a couple of games also have this problem.)
so you will need to start another window manager
before you type startkde if you don't want plasma
to be on top of everything and not let you do
anything (besides playing around with the two
plasmoids installed).[/strike]

[u][b]UPDATE:[/b] Now kwin works, it is not
necessary to start another window manager
before.[/u]

Changelog:
 [li][b]07.07.22-01:[/b]
kwin works, as well as koffice.
see
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4-amd64/kde-4-for-amd64-version-070722-01/
for details.
[/li]
[li][b]07.07.11-01:[/b]
see
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4-amd64/kde-4-for-amd64-version-070111-01/
for details.
[/li]
[li][b]07.07.09-01:[/b]
see
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4-amd64/07-07-09-01/
for details.
[/li]
[li][b]07.07.05-01:[/b]
this build includes all the modules that were
released in kde4-alpha2 (though kdemultimedia,
kdenetwork, kdepim and kdeaccessibility failed to
build), plus koffice, amarok and some others.
see the following link for more information:
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4/build-status-07.07.05-01
[/li]
[li][b]07.07.04-01:[/b]
today the second alpha release of kde 4 was
released, featuring oxygen style, etc. My build is
not kde4-alpha2. it is a snapshot from svn, so it
probably won't work exactly as the official
release.
I will try to reflect those kind of changes in my
builds, though, in future builds.
[/li]
[li][b]07.07.01-01:[/b]
test run for a new script i wrote to automate the
updating of symbolic links in
http://www.andresj.ath.cx/kde4/Latest . It's still
complete, though. Contains the same failed and
complete modules as the previous one.
[/li]
[li][b]07.06.30-3, bz2:[/b]
changed to using .tar.bz2 files, because they are
way smaller (i think i was using plain .tar files
with .tar.gz extension before...)
[/li]
[li][b]07.06.30-3:[/b]
[i]modules installed[/i]:
qt-copy
kdesupport
kdelibs
kdepimlibs
kdebase
kdegames
kdeutils
kdegraphics
kdeedu
extragear/multimedia
playground/games
kdeartwork

[i]modules that failed to install or compile (thus
[b]are not in the package[/b])[/i]:
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdepim