[Kde-announce-apps] KVideoEncoder 0.08

Philipp Ludwig philippludwig at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:14:10 CET 2007

Name: KVideoEncoder
Version: 0.08
Type: Video Application
Depend: KDE 3.0.x

 KVideoEncoder is a GUI for the mencoder and
transcode;

my goal is to write a kind of TMPGEnc Clone for
linux with additional features.
For example, KVideoEncoder supports joining of two
or more videos and dvd-ripping.

Changelog:
 I need to prepare myself for my final school
exams, so don't except an new release before the
middle of this year.

If somebody wants to build packages: Send me the
download link or the package.

Changes (0.08):
==================
* 1 Bugfix
* Some minor improvements (thanks to
Алексей Кузнецов)
* Crop filter added
* Translations updated
* Czech translation (thanks to Robert Stodulka)

Changes (rc2):
===================
* file encoding repaired (mencoder).

Changes (rc1):
===================
* Nine bugfixes, including:
  - #25: DVD-ripping repaired (mencoder).
  - #26: MPEG-Encoding should work with the new
versions of mencoder.
  - #29-31: Some crashes fixed.
  - #32: Xvid multipass encoding repaired
(mencoder).
  - #34: No crash if your PC/notebook doesn't have
any IDE devices.
* Audio PCM encoding
* Error handling (mencoder)
* Some design improvements
* Some improvements related to the configure
script and the makefile.
* transcode improvements
* New Tool: FLV2MPEG

==========================
Please note that transcode may not work when you
try it. The problem is, that - for example -
you've round about five different ways to encode
an MPEG file; which one the right for is depends
on your transcode installation and the installed
modules.
KVideoEncoder must deal with this problems but
that doesn't work very good at the moment. I'm
working on it and I hope that you can help me
(write comments, etc).