[Kde-announce-apps] Krusader 1.80.0-beta1

Shie Erlich manson at users.sf.net
Sun Jan 7 14:07:35 CET 2007

Name: Krusader
Version: 1.80.0-beta1
Type: Filemanager
Depend: KDE 3.3.x
License: GPL
Homepage: http://www.krusader.org

  .. is an advanced twin panel (commander style)
file manager for KDE 3,
similar to Midnight or Total Commander (formerly
Windows Commander), with
many extras. It provides all the file-management
features you could possibly
want.

Plus: extensive archive handling, mounted
filesystem support, FTP, advanced
search module, viewer/editor, directory
synchronisation, file content
comparisons, powerful batch renaming and much much
more.

It supports the following archive formats: tar,
zip, bzip2, gzip, rar, ace,
arj and rpm and can handle other KIOSlaves such as
smb or fish. It is
(almost) completely customizable, very user
friendly, fast and looks great on
your desktop! :-)

Changelog:
     ADDED: quotation mark handling at search (ex.
"Program Files")
    ADDED: full support for ACL permissions
(properties, preserve attrs,
           synchronizer)
    ADDED: credit for Vaclav Juza and Jiri Palecek
in the about box
    ADDED: Experimental input method support in
quick search
           (patch by Jiri Palecek)
    ADDED: TerminalEmulator: Ctrl+F switches
between full-widget TE, normal TE
           (thanks to Vaclav Juza)
    ADDED: Ctrl+Up from panel focuses the origin
editbox, Ctrl+Down from origin
           editbox focuses the panel (thanks to
Vaclav Juza)
    ADDED: TerminalEmulator: Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down
always focus/unfocus TE
           independently whether the command line
is shown or not
    ADDED: TerminalEmulator: if the command line
is hidden,
           TE receives Ctrl+Up / Ctrl+Down (thanks
to Vaclav Juza)
    ADDED: Pimped KDE's KeyDialog in order to
provide import/export abilities
    ADDED: UserAction: Outputcollectionwindow can
now save the buffer
    ADDED: UserAction: Outputcollection now
supports fonts with fixed or
           variable width
    ADDED: synchronizer: double click on a file
calls the diff utility (kompare)
    ADDED: terminal emulator:
Ctrl+Enter,Ctrl+Shift+Enter paste the filename
    ADDED: atomic extensions (see CVSNEWS)
    ADDED: archive packing / unpacking are now in
the background
    ADDED: renaming of just the filename, without
extension
    ADDED: full screen terminal window (mc-style)
    ADDED: Inactive panel color dimming (thanks to
Heiner)
    ADDED: ActionMan for useraction configuration
    ADDED: single instance mode
    ADDED: start to system tray
    ADDED: right click menu for bookmarks
    ADDED: enable/disable special bookmarks by
right clicking on them
    ADDED: keeping the directory structures for
virt folders at copy/move
    ADDED: synchronizer, parallel threads for slow
FTP servers
    ADDED: an option for directories to be always
sorted by name
    ADDED: packing with encryption, multiple
volume archives, compress level
    ADDED: krarc, 7z, 7za handling
    ADDED: media button
    ADDED: swap panels / swap sides
    ADDED: synchronizer, threshold for equality,
time offset between sides
    ADDED: synchronizer, faster "compare by
content" for local files
    ADDED: synchronizer, Feed to listbox
    ADDED: searcher, synchronizer: directory name
filters (ex. '* | CVS/')
    ADDED: searcher is able to search content on
remote URLs
    ADDED: panel splitter shows the percent values
at moving
    ADDED: Copy/Move: preserve all attributes
(time, owner, group)
    ADDED: viewer, print + copy actions
    ADDED: new krarc (password handling, type
autodetection, writing
           out archiver error messages, step into
hidden archives,...)

     ARCH: refactoring in the useractions, see
CVSNEWS

  CHANGED: atomic extensions are configurable
through krusaderrc
  CHANGED: Better quick navigation: first move
mouse over subdir, then
           press ctrl + left mouse button (patch
by Jiri Palecek)
  CHANGED: Better subdir calculation on quick
navigation
  CHANGED: Color cache redesigned. Konfigurator
preview and actual colors
           should now match
  CHANGED: Heavily extended and reordered menubar
(honouring the KDE HIG where
           possible). All available actions are
connected to the menus now.
  CHANGED: Konfigurator: MouseMode got now it's
own Tab in Look&Feel
  CHANGED: Shortcut- and Toolbardialogs are
removed from Konfigurator
  CHANGED: Shortcuts are now exported in as
plaintext, legacy import still
           works.
  CHANGED: UserActions are now managed with
ActionMan. In Konfigurator
           you can change settings _about_
useractions.

    FIXED: problems at starting maximized, without
splash screen
    FIXED: [ 1500411 ] Crash when R-click on free
space and drag on files
    FIXED: [ 1579847 ] launch command line in
console not saved
    FIXED: media button would display encoded
paths

(http://krusader.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1789)
    FIXED: crash when viewing file properties due
to class name clash
           (thanks to Stephan Binner)
    FIXED: .tar.bz2 was not treated as atomic
extension, while .tar.gz.test was
    FIXED: disk usage: other filelight bugfixes
    FIXED: disk usage: filelight crash because of
missing null pointer checks
    FIXED: media button always writes out the
mounted location
    FIXED: [ 1495465 ] packing dialog, 'MIN' and
'MAX' labels below the slider
    FIXED: [ 1436725 ] Status bar is not updated
after RIGHT-ARROW is pressed
    FIXED: [ 1578768 ] Wrong sorting by Date
column in search dialog
    FIXED: [ 1599142 ] problem with "Rename
selects extension" and directories
    FIXED: wrong name after cancelling inplace
rename by Esc
    FIXED: locate jumps onto the file after double
click
    FIXED: When a refresh fails, the attempted URL
is kept in the origin bar,
           and focus remains there for the user to
fix. Idea by Vaclav Juza
    FIXED: TerminalEmulator didn't hide for all
shortcuts
    FIXED: Konfigurator layout: should fit into
800x600 again
    FIXED: KeyDialog: alternative shortcuts are
ex-/imported as well
    FIXED: KeyDialog: canceling the dialog undoes
import
    FIXED: ActionMan: creating a new actions
doesn't seem to modify the current
    FIXED: ActionMan: Save modifications on
current action
    FIXED: [Debian: 378138] Changed the location
of the .desktop-files to match
           freedesktop.org's standards
    FIXED: Useractions: outputcollections works
again
    FIXED: inconsistences and possible memoryleaks
in useractions
           (thanks to Jiri Palacek)
    FIXED: Nice shutdown at SIGTERM,SIGHUP,SIGQUIT
(thanks toJiri Palacek)
    FIXED: QLayout warnings in ListPanel (patch by
Jiri Palecek)
    FIXED: memory leaks in KRpermHandler (patch by
Jiri Palecek)
    FIXED: shutdown bugs (thanks to Jiri Palacek)
    FIXED: const char * compiler warnings removed
(patch by Jiri Palecek)
    FIXED: memory leaks in KrDetailedView (patch
by Jiri Palecek)
    FIXED: terminal emulator sends the CD commands
too frequently
    FIXED: terminal emulator scrolls up its
content after hide/show
    FIXED: [ 1501740 ] can not link from a search
result's virtfs
    FIXED: rare compile problem where exit() isn't
defined
    FIXED: [ 1519955 ] wrong permission handling
in vfs::vfs_calcSpaceLocal
    FIXED: viewer gives back the focus to the
search/locate widgets after ESC
    FIXED: problems with local directory names
containing '@' character
    FIXED: security: sometimes the passwords are
stored in cleartext in
           bookmarks.xml
    FIXED: cannot close Krusader when "menubar on
top of the screen" is chosen
    FIXED: URL duplication is disabled in the
virtual URL collection
    FIXED: cut/copy/paste also works for virtual
URLs
    FIXED: [ 1483172 ] crash at refreshing the
view during rename
    FIXED: [ 1144729 ] Krusader doesn't remember
popup panel splitter position
    FIXED: [ 1479034 ] Crashes after clicking home
button, when quicksearch is
           active (patch by Heiner Eichmann)
    FIXED: wrong character set is used on the
radial map labels
    FIXED: TC style rename does not work with
"Obey KDE's global selection
           policy"
    FIXED: [ 1189341 ] minimize to tray problems
with GNOME
    FIXED: set duplicate exclusion and maximum
count for all KHistoryCombos
    FIXED: [ 984936 ] Wrong file cursor position
when entering protected
           directory
    FIXED: [ 1232507 ] panel focus change problems
at using the keyboard
    FIXED: bookmark separators get corrupted after
adding a new bookmark
    FIXED: [ 1116161 ] more detailed error message
at opening FTP URLs via HTTP
           proxy
    FIXED: [ 1103646 ] MountMan exits after umount
and a fast click on the
           device
    FIXED: single click doesn't work in TC
selection mode
    FIXED: disk usage crash at deleting files
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
KMountManGUI::clicked()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
SynchronizerGUI::loadFromProfile()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
RadialMap::Widget::paintExplodedLabels()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
DULines::slotChanged()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
DULines::slotDeleted()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
KrDetailedView::contentsMousePressEvent()
    FIXED: valgrind: Mismatched delete/delete[]-
RadialMap::Builder::Builder()
    FIXED: valgrind: Uninitialized Memory Read -
DUFileLight::slotAboutToShow()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
KViewer::tabCloseRequest()
    FIXED: valgrind: Uninitialized Memory Read -
KViewer::tabChanged()
    FIXED: valgrind: Free Memory Read -
PanelManager::slotCloseTab()
    FIXED: [ 1435352 ] crash after
NewPanel->Ctrl+U->DeletePanel
    FIXED: HTML tags cause problem to the searcher
    FIXED: [ 1415250 ] searching large
directories, doesn't process UI events
    FIXED: search by content goes into infinite
loop if the file cannot be
           opened
    FIXED: after exiting the pending jobs stall
    FIXED: [ 1193239 ] crash at 'Closing Current
Session'
    FIXED: synchronizer is always on the top of
the panels
    FIXED: [Debian: 352367] useractions with
terminal output ignores configured
           terminal
    FIXED: last tabs are not saved, if an old
config value is present
    FIXED: panel popup gets focus at opening,
gives focus to panel at hiding
    FIXED: viewer, detaching tab changes 'Editing'
to 'Viewing'

     I18N: Added a russian handbook (translation
is work in progress)
           (thanks to Roman Batejkin)
     I18N: Fixed clash with unpack shortcut in
useractions string (Alt+U)
           (thanks Hideki Kimura)
     I18N: Updated Japanese translation (thanks
Hideki Kimura)
     I18N: Renamed remaining instances of 'mark'
to 'select'
     I18N: Many consistency changes in the menu
names
     I18N: Fixed [ 1480646 ] Home button tooltip
has a wrong default translation
     I18N: Updated Russian translation (thanks
Dmitry A. Bugay)
     I18N: Updated Swedish translation (thanks
Peter Landgren)
     I18N: Updated Serbian translations (thanks
Sasa Tomic)
     I18N: Updated Brazilian Portuguese
translation (thanks Doutor Zero)
     I18N: Updated French translation (thanks
Guillerm David)
     I18N: Updated Polish translation
           (thanks Tomek Grzejszczyk and Marcin
Garski)
     I18N: Updated Lithuanian translation (thanks
Dovydas Sankauskas)
     I18N: Menu items which open a new window,
indicate that with trailing dots
           (KDE standard)
     I18N: Plural fixes in Synchronizer
     I18N: Updated Dutch translation
     I18N: Updated Slovenian translation (thanks
Matej Urbancic)
     I18N: Added Turkish translation (thanks Bekir
Sonat)
     I18N: Updated Greek translation (thanks
Spiros Georgaras)
     I18N: Updated Czech translation (thanks
Vaclav Juza)
     I18N: Updated Spanish translation (thanks
Alejandro Araiza Alvarado)
     I18N: Updated German translation
     I18N: viewer: 'Editing', 'Viewing' can be
translated
     I18N: Don't omit paragraphs and close all
tags in strings to avoid errors
           in translation tools (based on patch by
Giuseppe Bordoni)