[Kde-announce-apps] Snippits 0.1

Benjamin Kudria bkudria at eml.cc
Thu Feb 22 05:22:57 CET 2007

Name: Snippits
Version: 0.1
Type: Other Utility
Depend:

 This is Ruby program that will type text for you.
 It uses 'snippits', small text files with a
simple syntax to determine what to type.  However,
snippits can be very powerful, since they can
contain embedded ruby, special keys (Control,
Shift, Up, etc), and can contain a cursor
placement instruction.

Feedback, patches, bugs, and suggestions are
welcome.

Changelog:
 I've not included a README file in this update,
I've made a lot of changes I didn't document.
I've fixed a couple of bugs, too, bit others
remain.

The main summary for this update is a refactoring
and commenting of the code, so I hope it's easier
to work with.

The other major change is support for  the
'keyword' snippit - this snippit simply selects
the last word typed (it types control+shift+left),
cuts it into the clipboard, and if it is a
snippit, executes it.  So know, you can *type*
name, hit your shortcut (I use shift+enter) and
'name' will be replaced by your name.

I've also included a cool 'tag' snippit for all
you HTML programmers - this will prompt you for a
tag name, and type it with a correct cursor
position, and insert relevant attributes for the
tag.  Also, symlinking to the snippit file with
something like 'divtag' won't prompt you, it'll
just type a div tag.  Check it out!

If anybody is interested in this project/idea, I'd
appreciate help, but I realize that a Ruby Script
can go only so far.  Experienced C++/Qt coders are
welcome to take a look!

If anyone has any questions/bug reports/feature
requests, please send me an email!
PS. I realize it's spelled 'snippet', but I
spelled it wrong to be different.