Avi 2 iPod / PSP (mp4) 2.0

454 redhawk huss2124 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 05:47:38 CET 2007

Name: Avi 2 iPod / PSP (mp4)
Version: 2.0
Type: KDE Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander

 Batch or single convert your .Avi files to .mp4
so you can watch them on your video iPOD or PSP.

Kommander ffmpeg and (mplayer for the progressbar
to work) are required.

ffmpeg MUST HAVE----- xvid------ or h264--------
SUPPORT ENABLED

If you need to recompile ffmpeg for xvid support
here is a guide from (K)ubuntu. Adjust as needed
for your distro.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/iPodVideoEncoding

Here is another for Fedora
http://videotranscoding.wikispaces.com/ffmpeg

The video codec is xvid and audio is aac.

Options for

Audio bitrate
Video bitrate
Aspect ratio
Resolution (640x360 & 640x480 for TV output)

h264 is VERY slow but it can make the files much
smaller by lowering the bitrate to half of the
xvid with the same quality.

Changelog:

 PLEASE report any failures by sending me a
message on www.kde-apps.org
telling me what you did and how it failed. Also
include the output from the command "ffmpeg
-formats"
Due to the different versions of ffmpeg I have
included an option to use the new and old options
for the audio and video codecs.
If it fails as soon as you start the conversion
try the the check box "I have a different version
of ffmpeg."
If I get feedback saying the new options work then
the final version will be released very quickly.
Thank you

v2.0
Added check to see if Xvid, h264 and aac support
are installed. If not error reported. (need
feedback)
Added support for the SUPER wide screen format
2.35:1 (PSP iPOD TV)
Removed choices for resolution. The choice of
aspect ratio and iPod or TV automatically
determines resolution.
Removed the requirment to have custom FW installed
on your PSP. The PSP tab should encode for all
PSP's now.
Removed Presets. The choices are now simple enough
that presets are not needed.
Removed Volume tab and added it to the iPod
options tab.
Fixed a problem with the alternate codecs (libxvid
libx264 aac vs xvid h264 aac) I still need
feedback on this.

v2.0 Beta 4
Added options for different versions of ffmpeg.
Some versions use libxvid libx264 and libfaac for
the video and audio codecs.
Others use xvid h264 and aac.
Added clickable text to select the check boxes.
Added minor cosmetic changes.

v2.0 Beta 3
Added ffmpeg realtime ouput to statusbar
Added PSP AVC native resolution 16:9 (480x272) 4:3
(368x272) encoded with h264.
Files are now renamed to the specifics of the
format.

v2.0 Beta 2
Added h264 support
Added real time current file progress bar
Added optimized encoding for TV resolutions.
Added presets for xvid & h264
Added support for Dual Core processors (I don't
see much of a difference)

v1.3
Added a low priority option
Changed layout
Changed icons/Graphic
Added Presets & Volume gain
Fixed bug for spaces in filename

v1.2
Added index counter (File x of x).
Minor cosmetic formatting changes.

v1.1
Changed resolutions for TV
Added icons for Aspect ratio and Resolution
dropdown boxes