Scrooglyrics 0.1

cc cc ultramancool at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 01:10:38 CET 2007

Name: Scrooglyrics
Version: 0.1
Type: Amarok Script
Depend:

 I\'ve been annoyed by the low yield on some of my
more obscure music with many of the Amarok lyric
search scripts available. I\'d used a program
waaay back when in my windows days called
EvilLyrics, they had an interesting idea, Google
for the lyrics then rip them off known websites.
Well, I decided to fix that. After a quick day of
scripting, here\'s the result: a true lyrics
metasearch script. Since google\'s SOAP API is
crap (now doesn\'t allow you to register keys and
returns dramatically different results to web
search), I decided I\'d scrape. Since Scroogle had
a cleaner markup, I decided it\'d be even better
to scrape then just Google (and the paranoid might
like me more or something). Anyways, the script
searches scroogle (hence the name Scrooglyrics)
for the song lyrics, then pulls them off the known
sites. Adding sites should be easy so, tell me
what sites you\'d like to see and I\'ll be sure to
get them in next release!