Truecrypt GUI 0.9

Dirk Persch almatic at coole-files.de
Thu Apr 26 15:04:57 CEST 2007

Name: Truecrypt GUI
Version: 0.9
Type: Kommander Script
Depend:

 Hello

I thought I'd share with you this GUI for
truecrypt 4.3 I have created because I am too lazy
to type 3-line-commands or run a script every time
I log in.

Features:
---------

It basically has all functions of the commandline
tool. Here are some goodies

- Konqueror integration

- You can save mountpoints for your volumes

- Full support for keyfiles (you can add and
remove as many keyfiles as you wish and mount with
them)

- and so on ...

Requirements:
-------------

this is a kommander script, so you will
kmdr-executor to run it. I have added this file to
the package in case you don't have kommander
installed.

you will obviously need truecrypt. If you don't
have it already, get it at www.truecrypt.org.

If you use an older version of truecrypt as 4.3,
please upgrade before using the GUI !!

Installation:
-------------

unpack the tarball and run ./installer.sh as root.

You can also copy the files manually if anything
should fail. Open installer.sh to see where the
files need to go. I have added the locations at
the top.

Please send bugs and feedback to
almatic at coole-files.de

PS: if you have already downloaded, there was
still a connection in the mount script which would
open a file selection window on start. This was
for testing reasons.
I have uploaded a new version, sorry for that.

Changelog:
 Changes 0.91
------------

Bugs:

- if you choose to save a mountpoint for a volume,
that already has a mountpoint saved, the new
mountpoint will now be stored correctly

- you can no longer choose a mountpoint, that is
already in use

Improvements:

- improved the visual quality of the Main-Window
(well, at least I think it's an improvement :P)
Have worked around the ugly formatting in the
listing window, which was due to kommander
refusing to accept format strings/escape
characters and printing bogus characters instead.

- removed the statusbar with the dm-mountpoint for
optical reasons. You can still find out where it
is by clicking on the 'volume info' button.