AVI TV Episode File Resizer 1.0

454 redhawk huss2124 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 00:17:40 CEST 2007

Name: AVI TV Episode File Resizer
Version: 1.0
Type: Kommander Script
Depend:

 Requires transcode and xvid codec

This script is not for multiple MOVIE files (only
TV) however it can do SINGLE MOVIE files quite
nicely. It was designed to help me fit (resize the
file) multiple Xvid TV episodes (entire season) on
a single DVD. Most of the time a TV series is
almost exactly the same hours, mins, secs. That
enables this script to set the video bitrate the
same for every file (episode) being processed to
get the desired file size. The calculation is
based on the hours, mins, seconds and the desired
file size you want. If you correctly enter the
time you will end up with a file size VERY close
to the value you entered. The episodes will likley
vary about 10 secs or so. Try to average that out
when you select the episode time

The new files will have the EXACT same name as the
old files so the input and output cannot be in the
same DIRECTORY.

The "input files" selector can select multiple
files so you can encode one or many files
If you select an entire season (about 25 episodes)
of files it could take quite a few hours to
complete. The progress bar updates AFTER the
completion of the first file and after every file
there after. The current file being processed is
displayed in the bottom status bar.

Transcode single pass is used to REencode the
files.

Each file will be REencoded with MP3 audio bitrate
of 96 kbps. The video is REencoded with the Xvid4
codec.

I used this script to go from 230MB to 175MB with
good results. That saved me almost 1.4G  for the
season (25 episodes) and let me get it on a single
DVD to play on my stand alone player.
You should try it with a single file first to
check the quality and then do a batch job.

There are other tools to do this but this one can
be setup and going in less than 1 min.

Changelog: