[Kde-announce-apps] KVideoEncoder 0.08rc2

Philipp Ludwig philippludwig at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 29 23:28:52 CET 2006

Name: KVideoEncoder
Version: 0.08rc2
Type: Video Application
Depend: KDE 3.0.x

 KVideoEncoder is a GUI for the mencoder and
transcode;

my goal is to write a kind of TMPGEnc Clone for
linux with additional features.
For example, KVideoEncoder supports joining of two
or more videos and dvd-ripping.

Changelog:
 Sorry, sorry, sorry!

This bug was very stupid (file encoding through
mencoder don't work with rc1). I've fixed that bug
and uploaded rc2.

The new FLV2MPEG tool will help you to convert
Flash Videos to MPEGs; you need to have ffmpeg
installed.

Changes (rc2):
===================
* file encoding repaired (mencoder).

Changes (rc1):
===================
* Nine bugfixes, including:
  - #25: DVD-ripping repaired (mencoder).
  - #26: MPEG-Encoding should work with the new
versions of mencoder.
  - #29-31: Some crashes fixed.
  - #32: Xvid multipass encoding repaired
(mencoder).
  - #34: No crash if your PC/notebook doesn't have
any IDE devices.
* Audio PCM encoding
* Error handling (mencoder)
* Some design improvements
* Some improvements related to the configure
script and the makefile.
* transcode improvements
* New Tool: FLV2MPEG

==========================
Please note that transcode may not work when you
try it. The problem is, that - for example -
you've round about five different ways to encode
an MPEG file; which one the right for is depends
on your transcode installation and the installed
modules.
KVideoEncoder must deal with this problems but
that doesn't work very good at the moment. I'm
working on it and I hope that you can help me
(write comments, etc).