[Kde-announce-apps] KMess 1.5-pre1 released

Diederik van der Boor vdboor at codingdomain.com
Fri Oct 13 00:11:32 CEST 2006

KMess 1.5-pre1 has just been released! This is a preview release, to enjoy
newly added features right now.

== What is KMess ==
KMess is an alternative MSN Messenger chat client for Linux. It allows Linux
users to chat with friends who use MSN Messenger in Windows or Mac OS. The
strength of KMess is it's integration with the KDE desktop environment, focus
on MSN Messenger specific features and an easy-to-use interface.

== Changes in this release ==
To make sure users can receive with other buddies sent, we've added support to
receive winks, nudges, emoticon emoticons and offline chat messages. File
transfers are also improved, usability problems are addressed and chat
windows support gained support for visually appealing chat styles. We think
it's a release worth trying out! :-)

== More information about KMess ==
- homepage:    http://kmess.sourceforge.net/
- screenshots: http://kmess.sourceforge.net/screenshots/