[Kde-announce-apps] Kscan2pdf 0.1

Michael Hoccom mhoccom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 02:14:08 CET 2006

Name: Kscan2pdf
Version: 0.1
Type: Kommander Script
Depend: Kommander
License: GPL
Homepage: http://mhoccom.googlepages.com/Kscan2pdf

 Kscan2pdf is a simple GUI interface for KDE /
Kommander to quickly and easily scan multiple
pages via an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and
convert them into PDF format.

Though this started as a simple app to speed up
some work related tasks for me, I've decided to
throw it out there for the benefit of all who
might need it. This is the first release of what
will most likely be a work in progress.  With new
options and features still to be determined.
Please let me know about any successes/failures
with other hardware/software versions, as well as
any suggestions for future versions.

Requirements:

    * KDE
    * Kommander
    * scanimage (part of the SANE packages, tested
against version 1.0.17)
    * convert (part of ImageMagick packages,
tested against version 6.2.4)
    * ps2pdf13 (part of GhostScript packages,
tested against version 8.15.2)
    * Scanner w/ ADF supported by SANE.

Usage:
$kmdr-executer Kscan2pdf-v0.1.kmdr