[Kde-announce-apps] Google Earth 4.0.2414

great daddy zvonsully at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:56:35 CET 2006

Name: Google Earth
Version: 4.0.2414
Type: Education
Depend: Qt 3.x
License: Proprietary License
Homepage: http://earth.google.com

 Google Earth is a free-of-charge, downloadable
virtual globe program. It maps the entire earth by
pasting images obtained from satellite imagery,
aerial photography and GIS over a 3D globe.

offtopic: many have said that this app should not
be posted here @ kde-apps. I disagree, args:
- it USES  QT 3 , not wine (yes it is a linux
binary)
- kde apps accepts qt apps
- kde apps accepts proprietary licenced programs

I am not affiliated with google and with the
program, I just posted LINKS to it and make a
debian package. Google should contact me if they
do not like the advertising made here ;) .

Changelog:
 -Drawing Tools:  The path and polygon drawing
tools are now available in the free product.
-free Premium modules
--Premium Printing Module
--GIS Data Importing Module
--Movie Making Module
-Faster performance for 3D models
--Improved caching of models
--Support for compressed textures
-New icons and icon management for easier
navigation
--New icons for pushpins and user palette
--Coincident placemarks/icons now expand into a
‘star-formation’ for disambiguation when you
click on them.
-Improved Printing: Now you can also print search
results, and folders of placemarks, in addition to
driving directions and the 3D view.
-MSI Installer: For easier installation and
maintenance of Google Earth over networks, we now
have an MSI installer available for the client.