[Kde-announce-apps] lcdproc_amarok 1.5

Martin Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu May 11 23:21:46 CEST 2006

Name: lcdproc_amarok
Version: 1.5
Type: amaroK Script
Depend: KDE 3.5.x
License: GPL
Homepage:
http://www.martinm-76.dk/software/amarok/

 lcdproc_amarok is a lcdproc client script for
AmaroK to show the currently playing song, how
long it is and what number in the playlist it is.
For streaming contents, the length in stead says
'streaming'. It is pretty difficult to show how
this works in a screenshot, so I suggest that you
take a look at my video in stead if you don't just
download it straight off :)

You can observe it here:
md8800.avi

A word of caution: The video is almost 40 MB in
size.

Futher ideas for enhancement welcome.

I am using it on my Medion MD8800 machine and as
such I have added some extras for this display.
Those are disabled by default so it shouldn't
bother anyone.

You need the latest CVS version of lcdproc to use
this version of the script. An older version that
works with lcdproc 0.5 can be found here:
lcdproc 0.5 version. It will not be developed
further by me, though...

Enjoy!